No announcement yet.

Povetkin getting screwed over again?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Povetkin getting screwed over again?

www. boxing news 2 4 .com/2015/09/banks-wbc-will-let-klitschko-fight-wilder-after-fury/2015/09/banks-wbc-will-let-klitschko-fight-wilder-after-fury

"Wilder won't need to fight his No.1 WBC mandatory challenger Alexander Povetkin first at the start of 2016 for him to get the Klitschko fight. Wilder can bypass the Povetkin fight and take on Klitschko without the formality of whipping Povetkin first. That's great for Wilder, because he won't have to wait until the second half of 2016 in order to get a fight against Klitschko."

Damn, that's messed up.

Dude's been fighting everyone in the heavyweight division for 10 years.

In all those years he only got one title fight, and he got hugged to death.
    Last edited by SN!PER; 09-09-2015, 12:10 AM.

Actual unifications technically do and should get priority over anything else. I bet Wilder ends up facing Povetkin before Klitschko though, unless something crazy happens (Like Wilder, Klitchko, or Povetkin lose their upcoming fights).

Wilder has a promoter with a lot of money and power, but remember so does Povetkin. I think they'll work something out.

Comment

God dammit.

Comment

duhuapus vs klitschko in early 2016

Comment

That's great news. He'll get to fight Wilder for all the belts or get hugged into submission by Wlad.

Comment

what? hanz said that wilder was fighting povetkin next? this can't be true....

Comment

Pretty sure Povetkin ain't trippin as he'd fight rhe winner of Klit/Wilder.

Comment

I think Wilder is more ready for Povetkin than he'd be ready for Klitschko. BUT if Fury pulls the upset I wouldn't be surprised if Wilder & his people try to get that fight over Povetkin. Povetkin gets Wilder or the undisputed champ so he's getting his shot or a better shot a lil later so all evens out.

Comment

if wilder gets wlad, where would this fight be held? isn't wlad with HBO for like 2 or 3 more fights?

Comment

Originally posted by Thurman View Post
                    www. boxing news 2 4 .com/2015/09/banks-wbc-will-let-klitschko-fight-wilder-after-fury/2015/09/banks-wbc-will-let-klitschko-fight-wilder-after-fury

"Wilder won't need to fight his No.1 WBC mandatory challenger Alexander Povetkin first at the start of 2016 for him to get the Klitschko fight. Wilder can bypass the Povetkin fight and take on Klitschko without the formality of whipping Povetkin first. That's great for Wilder, because he won't have to wait until the second half of 2016 in order to get a fight against Klitschko."

Damn, that's messed up.

Dude's been fighting everyone in the heavyweight division for 10 years.

In all those years he only got one title fight, and he got hugged to death.
                    I think Wlad's HBO deal ends after Fury and Unification does and should take priority

Comment

Working...
                    X