No announcement yet.

Dana: GSP wants Nick next..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
    Okay then. I'm still more of a Silva fan and liked Matt Hughes a lot more as a welterweight fighter, although his arrogance got to me at times in the lead ups to his fights, but much more exciting in The Octagon IMO.

I do like GSP's technique, just wish he went for the finish more often. The guy hasn't had a stoppage win in 8 years.

Do you guys think he could become the Lennox Lewis of MMA (finishing his career with only 2 losses that were avenged)?
    Well it's MMA not whoever KO's the guy first wins. GSP is a top notch wrestler with good power in his hands but def not KO one punch power. As long as GSP stays at WW no one will touch him ever. He's just too good and miles above the rest.

He shouldn't fight Silva. Too big, too strong, too deadly.

Comment

I had chem lab with Johny Hendricks when he attended OSU, great guy.

GSP knows he cant out-wrestle a two-time national champ and is taking the pssy route with nate diaz. Should change his name to GSPssy

Comment

Okay then. I'm still more of a Silva fan and liked Matt Hughes a lot more as a welterweight fighter, although his arrogance got to me at times in the lead ups to his fights, but much more exciting in The Octagon IMO.

I do like GSP's technique, just wish he went for the finish more often. The guy hasn't had a stoppage win in 8 years.

Do you guys think he could become the Lennox Lewis of MMA (finishing his career with only 2 losses that were avenged)?
        Well he did submit Hughes in 2007, TKO'd Serra the year after, then he ended up stopping BJ Penn after that, so it's been about 3-4 years. On top of that I think that just based on how he fights and who he's fighting that it's just tougher for him to finish guys. He was definitely trying with Hardy and Fitch, but he just couldn't get it done, and I think that's more of a showcase of his opponents' ability to withstand and defend than to his inability to finish. Although I do agree that I'd like to see more finishes too.

Comment

Originally posted by Joeyzagz View Post
          I had chem lab with Johny Hendricks when he attended OSU, great guy.

GSP knows he cant out-wrestle a two-time national champ and is taking the pssy route with nate diaz. Should change his name to GSPssy
          GSP has out wrestled quite a few national champs, and if you know Johny you know he shouldn't of got his second title. They show that match to refs to show them what NOT to do in wrestling matches. Also, Nick Diaz not Nate Diaz...

Comment

Originally posted by 7_rocket View Post
            Well it's MMA not whoever KO's the guy first wins. GSP is a top notch wrestler with good power in his hands but def not KO one punch power. As long as GSP stays at WW no one will touch him ever. He's just too good and miles above the rest.

He shouldn't fight Silva. Too big, too strong, too deadly.

Yes it's MMA and knockout and submission are two more ways you can win, besides by a judges' decision.

It's also about having exciting fights fans want to see and fans want knockouts and submissions. Personally, I'll pass. Not saying he's not a talented ATG at welter, just that he's not the most exciting fighter IMO.

Comment

Yes it's MMA and knockout and submission are two more ways you can win, besides by a judges' decision.

It's also about having exciting fights fans want to see and fans want knockouts and submissions. Personally, I'll pass. Not saying he's not a talented ATG at welter, just that he's not the most exciting fighter IMO.
              Agreed..

Comment

Working...
              X