No announcement yet.

1st Court Appearance of James Holmes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jose830 View Post
    he didn't have the right either to take those lives...to leave all those families mourning their lost loved ones for the rest of their lives...

an eye for an eye
    ii don't really believe in an eye for an eye. there is way too much room for interpretation or mis-interpretation. plus it seems sort of barbaric.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy Horton View Post
      that pretty much means solitary, right?

i think most "death rows" are actual rows of cells. they're not mixed in with the general population, but i dont think they're completely isolated. he wont be comfortable or enjoying himself.

Comment

ii don't really believe in an eye for an eye. there is way too much room for interpretation or mis-interpretation. plus it seems sort of barbaric.
        killing one person is barbaric, you right...he killed 12 that's barbaric not even mentioning the ones he injured the ones that will live with this in their minds for the rest of their lives...come on bro...this guy doesn't deserve another breath in his life...

Comment

any less barbaric than going to the premier of the dark night rises and blowing people away?

it's a dirty job, but somebody's got to kill this man. i want to see him studied adequately as well. another fine poster raised a good point; these guys usually kill themselves, often with gunshots to the head. we need to study this one while he's alive and then get a good look at his brain posthumously

Comment

He got what he wanted. Attention.

In the end it all comes down to an inability to cope with an insignificant existence in the grand scheme of things.

Everyone is always trying to distinguish themselves from everyone else so they feel more significant than they really are. Depending on how insignificant they feel and how significant they WANT to feel the results will vary.

Some people "sign" the end of their posts on message boards with their username, some people dress in weird clothes, some people get tattoos, and some people shoot up movie theaters.

With the way tv and the internet handles things these days they're basically encouraging this type of behavior. This is the golden age for attention-whoring and making the insignificant significant.

Comment

That ****er is fully aware of what he did. He can act like he's stoned, but he isn't fooling anyone but himself.

Comment

Kill him.This guy doesnt want to die,Otherwise he would of killed himself
                or died fighingt.He surrended pretty easily,He should be punished
                with death.

Comment

i personally don't believe we have the right, as human beings, to impose the death penalty. it's seems very contradictory to what is preached. not to mention hypocritical.

life in jail. no parole. that could amount to as long as sixty years for a young dude like that.
                  IMO, If you intentionally take someone else's life away, then you don't deserved to have yours.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack3d View Post
                    What he did was appalling but I don't see how killing him is going to balance anything out. And that goes for pretty much any case in which there is talk of the death penalty.

Capital Punishment in itself is completely contradictory. The purpose of punishment is that you are able to learn from something via some sort of process in which you pay for what you did. You can't learn from anything when you're dead. The death penalty is essentially a modern practice of the stupid, ridiculous and flawed Babylonian concept of eye for an eye.

People who actually support it are idiots. Killing a Person for Killing another person, how exactly does that restore balance? Killing people affects other people, it doesn't matter how big of piece of ***** that person is.
                    You throw chemicals on an infant around me and I will deliver you to Satan, slowly.

Comment

Originally posted by onechance87 View Post
                      Kill him.This guy doesnt want to die,Otherwise he would of killed himself
                      or died fighingt.He surrended pretty easily,He should be punished
                      with death.
                      exactly my point before...he surrender to police with no fight...he didn't want to die...neither did those 12 victims...if death is his fear...death he shall get...

Comment

Working...
                      X