Battle of the Undefeated- Mexico v. Cuba

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cuba sweeps Mexico

Comment

I figured Mares moving up to fight Rigo would be a good match up, I would lean towards Rigo winning though, I think he overwhelms Mares in an exciting fight.

Many think Canelo is overrated and I can see where they coming from, but I give him the benefit of doubt for being as young as he is. I see Lara as undefeated, and underrated for that matter. I like Lara in that match up due to his southpaw stance causing problems for the young champ. It could go either way honestly, but I think Lara wins a decision.

Gamboa v. Rios. We will find out soon enough. I think it is the closest out of the three. I have to go with Gamboa cause I like his explosive style, and although he is moving up in weight, perhaps those quick angles connecting on Rios will be enough to hurt him if power is less than present.

Here I give Cuba a 3-0 victory, but I could be wrong. All three could go either way in close battles.

Cuba ain't got a lot of dogs in the game, but the ones they do have are pretty good.

Comment

Cuba 3-0 with Canelo/Lara being the most competitive

Comment

Originally posted by Fistic View Post
          Cuba ain't got a lot of dogs in the game, but the ones they do have are pretty good.
          That'll change as more Cuban Olympic & National Champs defect at younger ages, which is becoming easier and easier to do. I think Gamboa's success opened the floodgates on that one.

then u have cats like IBF, WBA & Ring Cruiserweight champ Yoan Pablo Hernandez (26-1) who are hell bent on fighting overseas, specifically in Germany.

Comment

canelo vs lara = canelo
            kirkland vs rios= draw {yes they both get koed same time
            mares vs rigo= rigo

Comment

Originally posted by HardAss View Post
              Wat.....

Lara
              Rios
              Mares

Comment

Originally posted by HardAss View Post
                canelo vs lara = canelo
                mares vs rigo= rigo
                Yes kirkland is my favorite Cuban and Rios certainly isn't too small

Comment

rios is american.....

Comment

if lara doesn't KO alvarez, i can see a robbery happening. that said, i'd be rooting for lara even though i'm a fan of both.
                    i hope gamboa wins, but the size difference might be too much. we'll see when the fight happens, but either guy could win that fight imo.
                    mares should not get in the ring with rigondeaux, he would get stopped badly. i'd rather see mares risk his 0 to someone like moreno. donaire or nishioka should fight rigondeaux.

great thread, i'm mexican-american but damn, i'm a fan of all those cuban fighters listed. i'd be rooting for los cubanos in these matchups.

Comment

This may sound crazy to some but I think Lara embarrasses Alvarez for 12 rounds.

Gambia -Rios is a tough one. If Gamboa doesn't try to slug it out he wins unanimously, maybe even by TKO becuz of cuts or swelling. If he does and stays on the inside longer than necessary I believe gets KO'd late.

I don't see anybody beating Rigo at this time. If Mares tries to pressure him, Mares gets KO'd with a body punch. If he hangs back and tries to outbox Rigo, Mares gets KO'd with a body punch. Sorry, no way out of that one.

Comment

Working...
                      X