No announcement yet.

Canelo and The Ring

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canelo and The Ring

I was just reading that in 2012 the ring added 7 ways a fighter can lose The Ring title. The final one is if the champion tests positive for a banned substance.

And there’s the part that’s interesting to me. Ring is owned by Golden Boy now, and Canelo fights for Golden Boy. Is this a coincidence? Will he be stripped of his ring belt? Or is this favouritism by Golden Boy hoping nobody realizes that rule is in place?

The ring has become a joke since Oscar took over and shows blatant favouritism

I’m sure this rule will be ignored and their writers will still defend Canelo pretending To be non biased journalists

Comment

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post

I’m sure this rule will be ignored and their writers will still defend Canelo pretending To be non biased journalists
      Oh it’s been a joke since they got rid of the title, then brought it back while refusing to acknowledge any champions over that ten year span lol. But they’re even worse now with Oscar IMO

That being said, my reasoning for this thread is actually because I didn’t even know about this rule. Good to know I’m not the only one who doesn’t think it will be enforced.

Comment

Do you play the lottery?
        There's a bigger chance of you winning that despite not playing, having ODLH send you 5 cute number girls for free, and you becoming the pope all on the same night than them enforcing that rule.

Comment

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post

do you think the ring would be any better if let's just say arum owned it...that's what I thought

Comment

Originally posted by LADIV View Post
            do you think the ring would be any better if let's just say arum owned it...that's what I thought
            Why does any promoter need to own it?

Comment

Originally posted by LADIV View Post
              What kind of point is that

No it probably be the same biased dogsh.it

I don’t think a promoter should really be involved in a magazine especially one that used to be looked at as the bible of the sport and that hands out straps and now it’s used as a propoganda tool to discredit fighters & People he doesn’t like ( Mayweather / Haymon ) hand out and take away straps how they see fit and rank fighters to suit their agenda

Good business decision on his part but Since Oscar took over the Ring has lost Credibility

Comment

I think Doug said that he will likely be stripped depending on what the commission says and they are likely to ban him. I think they have to do that because it's in their rules and it will restore some of the credibility to the rankings which I believe they lost when keeping Fury as it's champion for so long despite showing he clearly was done fighting.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
                  I was just reading that in 2012 the ring added 7 ways a fighter can lose The Ring title. The final one is if the champion tests positive for a banned substance.

And there’s the part that’s interesting to me. Ring is owned by Golden Boy now, and Canelo fights for Golden Boy. Is this a coincidence? Will he be stripped of his ring belt? Or is this favouritism by Golden Boy hoping nobody realizes that rule is in place?
                  i think they will strip him after hearing.If not they will lose all credibly.They have new Editor who is the most biased writer in boxing(little dougie fisher)but until they show favor towards GB fighters I still like the THE RING.

Comment

Originally posted by john l View Post
                    i think they will strip him after hearing.If not they will lose all credibly.They have new Editor who is the most biased writer in boxing(little dougie fisher)but until they show favor towards GB fighters I still like the THE RING.
                    I still like the ring too, but I’d be lying to myself if I said I held it to the same esteem I used to.

Comment

Working...
                    X