No announcement yet.

Why not P4P #1 Andre Ward

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why not P4P #1 Andre Ward

Can any body give me 1 reason why Andre Ward should not be P4P number 1. Look at all the competition he has fought in the last 3 year and the way he has beat them easily!!! Bika, Kessler, Froch, Abraham, Green, Maranda and now he stops BAD Chad Dawson easily!! Wow!!!

He is a one division champ while pacquiao and mayweather are multi division champs, they beat everyone in multiple weight classes, ward just fought at SMW and 90% of his fights are in his backyard.

Comment

The main thing with Ward is he always fights the best, never ducked nobody. Floyd and Pac wont even face off with like a 100 million dollars on the table

Comment

You could have had him at p4p 1 before the fight if you really wanted, if you are rating mainly on who the best fighter currently is. A lot of people get hung up on accomplishments which is why older fighters tend to be at the top, but Ward is entering his peak years so he should be better than those older guys.

There is no set criteria either, so having Ward there now is just being ahead of the curve~

Comment

As long as Pac and Mayweather are actively fighting and not having controversial losses they will have the top 2 spots until they retire or fight and lose to each other. Ward as much as I like him has to settle for number 3.

Comment

Originally posted by Jubei View Post
            He is a one division champ while pacquiao and mayweather are multi division champs, they beat everyone in multiple weight classes, ward just fought at SMW and 90% of his fights are in his backyard.
            One can't sit on their past accomplishments, it's about 'what have you done for me recently and Ward has not only fought top level opposition, he's dominated them. As far as I'm concerned it's debatable whether you want to crown him P4P number 1.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Burton.Me. View Post
              As long as Pac and Mayweather are actively fighting and not having controversial losses they will have the top 2 spots until they retire or fight and lose to each other. Ward as much as I like him has to settle for number 3.
              Pacquiao ain't even in the conversation no more, hasn't been in it for a while. When was the last time he actually performed?

Comment

I have him #2, right behind Mayweather and in front of Sergio.

He'd have to do something extra special to take that top spot. I thought that could be tonight, but Dawson was so lifeless and drained that it was just another win.

Comment

Originally posted by Jubei View Post
                  Though I don't think Ward is there yet (P4P #1), being in multiple weight classes means nothing. Securing your title in one weight class and defending it, unifying, fighting the best names that division has to offer is just as impressive and should be counted in the P4P criteria.

He could've easily won one title, and ran off to 175, like a lot of these P4P guys do. I'm getting a little bored with all these guys climbing through the divisions, trying to be "Money Makers". Guys like Donaire or thelatest one being this Guerrero guy.

Stay in one weight class, and try to be the best Welter/Middle/Light-Heavyweight that you can be.

Comment

Apparently the only way pac and Floyd can drop down on the 4p4 list is if they lose or retire...Wait, Pac lost to JMM AND Bradley so they cant by losing either.. Unreal

Ward is my p4p 1 fighter

Comment

Working...
                    X