No announcement yet.

Your thoughts on Carlos Monzon?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your thoughts on Carlos Monzon?

I don't know too much about him, just wondering if any of the historians here could tell me their thoughts.

Eg resume, skills, where he ranks in p4p/mw lists?

In my opinion the greatest Middleweight of all time. His record & dominace is really incredible.

He was the number #1 Middleweight for 7 straight years. And made 14 defences of his title over a 7 year reign. His record in world title fight's was 14-0 with 11 KO's. And retired champion.

He could handle all style's, whether it be pressure fighters, big punchers, techincal boxers, or boxer/puncher's. Out of a 100 fights, he lost just 3, and avenged them all.

His style may not look pretty on footage, but he done everything right and was so patient & composed in the ring. He was as tough as nails and hit like a ton of bricks. His could knock you out (Benvanuti I), put on a boxing clinic (Briscoe II), or just slowy break you down (Tony Licata).

He beat 2 All Time Great's in Emille Griffith & Jose Napoles, Hall Of Famer Nino Benvanuti, and top contenders like Bennie Briscoe, Rodrigo Valdez, Tony Licata, & Denny Moyer.
    Last edited by Heavy Bag; 10-27-2010, 09:43 AM.
    MikeyMike100 MikeyMike100 Barn Barn like this.

Comment

I have him Top 3 Middleweight alongside Greb, Hagler but, the order changes all the time.
      On a P4P list I have him at around 27 I think.
      Heavy Bag has already mentioned all the key points Good Post.

Comment

The greatest Middleweight of all time

Comment

Top 10 pound for pound all time, and the second greatest middleweight of all time (Greb is number one).

Comment

Stanley Ketchel, Marvin Hagler and Carlos Monzon are very hard to split for the greatest middleweight tag

Comment

Originally posted by cotto16 View Post
              Stanley Ketchel, Marvin Hagler and Carlos Monzon are very hard to split for the greatest middleweight tag
              What about Greb?

Comment

Working...
              X