Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bustamante officially confirmed for Pride GP, comments on Rampage

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Rampage is smart he should be able to just keep the fight standing and win from there, but he has been known tro slam alowwing fighters to dangerously play their guard game on him, like Saku and Mikhail did.

Comment

More on Busta

From ADCC news-

busta article

Comment

I was watching that Mikhail fight again the other day. The Russian was pretty active underneath and even pulled off a submission attempt before Rampage was able to spin out of it. We haven't seen much of Rampage's ground defense, but my take is that he relies on his freakish strength to get out of tough spots (e.g. Saku fight). If somehow Busta can take it to R3, and if Rampage is gassed, he has a shot at a submission.

Comment

Good point mmafanman, but then if Rampage is consistently slamming Busta to escape from subs it may well injure and finish Busta in the process.

Comment

Originally posted by mmafanman
            I was watching that Mikhail fight again the other day. The Russian was pretty active underneath and even pulled off a submission attempt before Rampage was able to spin out of it. We haven't seen much of Rampage's ground defense, but my take is that he relies on his freakish strength to get out of tough spots (e.g. Saku fight). If somehow Busta can take it to R3, and if Rampage is gassed, he has a shot at a submission.
            Smartest thing i've read all day.

Comment

Thats true! Sub defense will be tested

Comment

1 word for you guys - BOOM!

Comment

I think busta will and I hope he will win so that he'll be an active participant of Pride shows in the future, he's getting older and he doesn't have many days left, hopefully this will be his big break.

Comment

Working...
                  X