Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Izu Ugonoh Discusses Wach Offer, Facing a Spoiler, Boxing Politics

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Izu Ugonoh Discusses Wach Offer, Facing a Spoiler, Boxing Politics

Boxing can be a strange and fickle mistress. On one hand it takes and on the other it gives. Undefeated heavyweight Izu Ugonoh could certainly attest to that adage as in the last few weeks he has seen a potentially high profile fight in his native Poland collapse under the usual myriad of boxing politics while also watching his ranking with the IBF move to a career-high 15.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Keep an eye on this kid.

Comment

Unfortunately he isn't much of a kid anymore. His career really needs to jump up fast if they want to make something of Izu. The skills and body for it are definitely there. He has really high potential. Just got to get it going. I say he changes management because fighting in NZ isn't going to get you very far..

Comment

Tony is a nice little step up, but if he wins, which he should, then it's time to really start getting real dudes in there with him. He should probably relocate to fight either in the US or Europe where it will be much easier.

Comment

Guy needs some real fights like STAT. Trains with Parker, huge potential. Just seems to be fighting one journeyman nobody after another..

Comment

Izu looks to be a real go-er.

The step up time is now - he needs a big fight in the next 12 months.

I wonder if DUCO can get Izu on the undercard of Parker v Joshua? I could see him banging with Whyte or Price.

Comment

Originally posted by BWC View Post
              Guy needs some real fights like STAT. Trains with Parker, huge potential. Just seems to be fighting one journeyman nobody after another..
              That's because team Parker is team Parker..Izu is shooting himself in the foot by staying there. Conflict of interest,i think they know Izu is the more talented guy, so they will slow him down unless Parker loses which is a very high probability against Joshua..He wanted the Wach fight but they didn't give it to him. they will find another local regional boxer unheard of watch.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
                That's because team Parker is team Parker..Izu is shooting himself in the foot by staying there. Conflict of interest,i think thet know Izu is the more talented guy, so they will slow him down unless Parker loses which is a very high probability against Joshua..
                Are you saying Izu is more talented than Parker?

And that DUCO/Kevin Barry are holding Izu back so he doesn't surpass Parker?

Comment

Originally posted by KillaCamNZ View Post
                  Are you saying Izu is more talented than Parker?

And that DUCO/Kevin Barry are holding Izu back so he doesn't surpass Parker?
                  That's exactly what im saying. And that would be obvious to anyone who even glimpses at his fight clips.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
                    That's exactly what im saying. And that would be obvious to anyone who even glimpses at his fight clips.
                    I like me some Izu a lot - he's great to watch and in ridiculously good shape.

But damn, he's fought bums so far.

Potential yes, big potential. But more talented than Parker? Come on man.

Comment

Working...
                    X