No announcement yet.

Andy Lee and Matthew Macklin would be a good next fight for Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andy Lee and Matthew Macklin would be a good next fight for Golovkin

instead of fighting a 154 pounder Golovkin needs to fight a real 160 pounder and both Lee and Macklin would be a good challenge for him.

Why would you do that to Andy? I doubt he believes he can win that one, it'd be a trainwreck.

Comment

Andy Lee can be a serious problem at 160, he needs to sort his stamina issues out & stop circling the same way all the time...which makes it easy for his opponent to cut off the ring...like Chavez did.

Comment

Golovkin eats Lee's asshole. Macklin presents more danger, that's a good fight.

Comment

Originally posted by BornToLive View Post
          Andy Lee can be a serious problem at 160, he needs to sort his stamina issues out & stop circling the same way all the time...which makes it easy for his opponent to cut off the ring...like Chavez did.
          maybe you and i are the only ones who consider it and think Lee might be the tougher fight. Macklin isn't enough of a puncher to dent the technically superior fighter, and Golovkin wouldn't have to look far to find him.

Lee can at least hit and move a bit. although he'd likely succumb fast, too, if he was unable to give Golovkin anything to think hard about in the first few.

i'd be unenthused about either of these fights, tbh. bring on something genuinely exciting for Golovkin (Martinez or Quillin would be wonderful, one can dream). failing that, i'd rather see him against a guy like N'dam than either of these fellas.
          Last edited by S. Saddler 1310; 01-20-2013, 03:01 PM.

Comment

Macklin is promoted by Lou DiBella? Won't happen.

Andy Lee would be ok, I guess Golovkin can beat him again.

Comment

Golovkin is one of those privileged fighters whose creditable amateur wins are transferable to the pro ranks. helps compensate for the paucity of quality on his record since becoming a paid fighter.

Comment

Lee is on the comeback trail and wouldnt be thrown in with Golovkin. Macklin v Golovkin would be a great fight. Golovkin is overhyped & against Macklin we'd see how good he really is & how far he can go. Golovkin v Murray or Quillin.

Comment

Andy lee and macklin would be better opponents than any guy that kid chocolate golovkin or geale have fought.. These guys are paper title holders.. Sergio is the champ simple as that.. The other belt holders can fight who they like but they will never be lineal champ unless they beat Martinez

Comment

Andy Lee should not fight again, theres NO reason at this stage of his career and more importantly his life!! Theres other "opponents" out there!! Ray.

Comment

Working...
                    X