Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why don't they make Alexander-Mallinaggi?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mato o Muero View Post
    Nobody likes a pillow fight unless it's between girls.
    hahahahahaha if I knew how to send green I would...but you made me spit my soda all over my keyboard just now.

Comment

I would think the winner of Alexander vs. Brook and Malignaggi vs. Mosley would meet next.

Comment

Originally posted by MR. LARRYX View Post
        Both are with Goldenboy??both have titles at 147..make it happen..wba and ibf unification..then they can build it where winner gets Floyd for a big unification bout

They should make it a PPV,

[IMG]http://static2.fjcdn.com/comments/I+really+expected+a+*******+joke.+However+the+unex pected+lol+_bcc75e0a36f4020f302b41c9a40d0597.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

hmm i would rather not watch alexander clinch and run his way to another fluke victory.

Comment

Pointless fight Alexander will win in a snoozefest. Better for him to continue fighting stiff competition.

Comment

Paulie Malignaggi and the Gotti boys go to the same eyebrow tweezing and hair salon.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                i cant stand some of these matches.

hbo and showtime cost me $20 a month each... it's insulting to pay for this stuff.
                It's a problem in Boxing for sure. Who's to blame though? The only way I see things being fixed is some sort of a National Boxing Commission, which will never ever happen.

HBO has been into starbuilding since the turn of the century, and now with Mendoza at Showtime they have followed suit. Put preordained guys in there with whatever competition until the fans love them. Worst part is, it usually works. For every Rios or Bradley, who had to earn their spot, we get three or four Chavez Jr's and Andre Bertos.

HBO has been foaming at the mouth to make Alexander a star since they saw his drawing power in the STL. Malignaggi did something no one of any relevance was willing to do in going to the Ukraine and taking Senchenko's belt in his backyard. Now his past-prime, 140lb ass is going to get used by GBP to build up one of their favored sons.

Alexander-Malignaggi is not a fight that fans are super interested in. But, if Paulie fights and loses his title to Shane Mosley, they can build a star on Shane Mosley's back by matching them up. Alexander beats him and becomes the unified 147lb champion.

I know I'm reaching a bit but you know how this will be played. Or, replace Alexander in the above text with Khan or Ortiz. It's how they do it now, and that's the point of GBP investing in Mosley-Malignaggi.

We won't be seeing anything good and credible like the Super Six happening again anytime soon.
                Last edited by paulf; 01-03-2013, 10:03 PM.

Comment

Hey everyone says they want 1 champion per division,well lets start unifying...

Comment

Both are with Goldenboy??both have titles at 147..make it happen..wba and ibf unification..then they can build it where winner gets Floyd for a big unification bout
                    I think it would be a good fight, maybe it would even end with a knockout lol, but I don't think Floyd gains anything by fighting either guy monetarily/or legacy wise??

Comment

Yea thats right he got Kell next month..and i hope the Mosley fight is just a rumor
                      I wouldn't mind Mosley v Malignaggi because even at this late stage in his career, I think Sugar has what it takes to beat Paulie. The only reason I wouldn't want to see this fight is because I don't think someone like Mosley should be getting big paydays.

Comment

Working...
                      X