Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Cotto surpass Trinidad

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NO. cotto is just all PR has right now and he used to be good now he semi good at no point was he great on Tito level.

Comment

No because Tito never lost a big fight a his best weight (147), Cotto did, and I am a big Cotto fan.

Comment

book is still being written , if his personality were different and had charisma like tito had then i would say he would surpass him considering the added names to the resume. I think it's good that he doesnt have that type of outgoing personality though, to me it brings a different aura so to say than seeing the same overly happy and smiling person.

Comment

Meh, I guess it all depends on what you look for. Tito for me is nothing but a quitter. I think their careers are pretty similar in terms of resume and its real close when you examine the quality of opponents each faced win or lose, and it may favor Cotto too, considering he fought PBF and Pac.

Maybe Cotto doesn't smile enough to resonate with everyone, but I for one like his cold demeanor.

Either way, just my opinion, Tito tucked his tail and runs away when he loses a fight, Cotto pulled up the bootstraps and goes at it again, so just based on that one characteristic alone is why I personally favor Cotto. But no hate to those that feel otherwise

Comment

I don't think so. However, in terms of resume, Cotto is not that far away from Trinidad. If Cotto could only pull off a big win against either Pacquiao or Sergio, I think that could be enough to make the discussion interesting. Trinidad's attitude makes him more beloved and liked though.

Still, I think the greatest PR boxer of all time is Wilfredo Gómez, then Trinidad, then Benítez. I am referring to those that were developed in Puerto Rico. If you go overall, right now I would say Gómez, Trinidad, Camacho, Benítez, and Cotto.

Comment

Trinidad wasted guy's one after another until De La Hoya, and the had several great fights after that where he blew junior middles and middleweights down! Just because Hopkins beat him down and De La Hoya outboxed him does not discount his previous record. This guy was awesome and Cotto is 2nd or 3rd depending on how you rank Gomez.

Comment

No, trinidad had a way better record than Cotto in their first weight class (147 vs 140) and was better in their second and third weigh classes.

Comment

No matter how I try to compare their resumes, at the end I end up picturing them fighting each other at 147 and 154 and I see Tito winning at eaither way by KO. I just cant put Cotto over him just like I cant put Tito over W. Benitez.

Comment

Yes, he can....

Comment

idk, but i respect Cotto more.

Comment

Working...
                      X