No announcement yet.

Creatine and boxing.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creatine and boxing.

what are its benefits and negative sides. Does it affect my body while boxing? Thanks!

Doesn't creatine cause you to retain water? Which would be the opposite of what you want in making weight.

Comment

Good point Gino but I remember Shane Mosley saying (about 12 years ago) that he took creatine because once he stopped taking, he could lose all that water weight and make 135.

Comment

but does it improve my performance , physichal strength , endurandce or something???

Comment

Originally posted by ironmiketyson1 View Post
          but does it improve my performance , physichal strength , endurandce or something???
          all of the above, you just cant use the dosing protocols that bodybuilders and powerlifters use. i personally use 4-5 grams of creatine every other day or sometimes every day depending on how intense i know the week will be. it gives u strength and endurance, just be careful not to use too much...

Comment

As I understand it....creatine ALONE does not do much. But if you are taking in extra protein, it helps to facilitate muscle development because it combines with the water to do yadda yadda.

I was a wrestler, and we stayed away from creatine because it makes you puffy.

But Creatine will make you look big. If you care about that in a Ronnie from Jersey Shore kinda way.

Comment

When creatine was the hype back in the day, the main purpose of it is to retain water in your muscles to allow growth.
              You have to cycle its usage, when starting out, you have to take it with a lot of simple sugars like dextrose.

Its popularity dropped once the expected results is not met by the masses due to misuse. Due to the simple sugar uptake, some people got fat instead.

Comment

allow you to get more reps in while working out

Comment

what are its benefits and negative sides. Does it affect my body while boxing? Thanks!
                  Build muscles aids recover, retains water.

Take Kre-Alkalyn instead.

Comment

during anerobic respiration body uses creatinine phosphate + adp ----> atp + creatinine. the rest should be common sense. more creatinine means greater 'fuel' for the muscle during anaerobic exercise.

Comment

Working...
                    X