Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can we finally put to rest the myth that the "Dark Lord" Adam Booth is a genius?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who's gameplan was it to run around the ring and throw one punch at a time? That was such an intelligent game-plan from Booth.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
      Garcia trains a gym full of successful fighters. Margarito is Mexican, he'd rather die than quit.
      Yeah when you fight smaller guys without loaded gloves you should rather die than quit.

Comment

i'm english but have never took to haye,therefore wasnt keen on booth but after really wanting groves to beat degale i've started to warm to booth a bit.hearing him since the wlad fight hes been nothing but complimentary to wlad refusing to blame the toe or anything else other than wlads superiour skills for the loss which is nice to hear.but hearing him on sky yesterday im wondering whether were gonna see the old_i lost so i'll change my trainer therefore blaming him_scenario.he seemed pretty adamant that haye should retire in oct,whereas the day before when haye was in the studio (why not together?)he spoke like he would like another crack.like it or loathe it haye and booth have done it their way upsetting the likes of warren along the way.

Comment

Booth is not a genius, and neither is any other boxing coach if truth be told.

It was a poor gameplan for the Wlad fight, mainly because there was only one plan and it was based around a very simple tactic.

Booth gameplans have never been extraordinary, but he seems to get recognition for his psychological warfare of Machiavellian proportions.

And just because Booth is good at psychologly doesn't mean he is good at the fitness and conditioning side, or the gameplans.

But a trainer will get recognition for what his fighter does and that depends on how good the fighter is.

Great trainers train numerous world champions, Booth has not done this as yet but he is only young and it would not surprise me to see him have other world champions in the future.

Comment

WBO statement on Adam Booth:

http://www.wbo-int.com/

With all the consideration and respect that our always WBO champion David Haye deserves, it is correct to clarify that what Adam Booth is commenting in the media has nothing to do with the reasons he stipulated when he first complained about the appointment of referee Gino Rodriguez for the Klitschko vs. Haye bout.

First he complained that Rodriguez, a referee who has worked with all Sanctioning Bodies, had officiated Klitschko bouts on four previous occasions.

Mind you he did not mention at the time, nor does he now, that all three Sanctioning Bodies (WBA, IBF, and WBO) had agreed on the appointment of Mr. Rodriguez as referee to this unification bout between two great champions.

To quote Adam exactly, “We are certainly not trying to decide on the officials, but we do have a very big problem and concern with the referee Mr. Rodriguez as referee, who has already been the referee for at least 4 of Wladimir’s fights already. Under no circumstances can this be considered fair…it is totally
            unfair.”

When he was told that it definitely was not a valid excuse, he came up with the suggestion to appoint Referee Luis Pabon, to the bout. He was told that if he objected to Rodriguez for officiating four bouts, he would then have to object to Luis Pabon had officiated two of Hayes bouts.

By the way, the truth of the matter is that both Luis Pabon and Gino Rodriguez are excellent officials held in great esteem by all Sanctioning Bodies and Commissions world‐wide.

Now, since this ploy did not work, he has gone as far as contacting the media with a new excuse against Rodriguez, accusing him of being “biased”.

It’s remarkable the lengths some people go to get their way! We are sure that those close to Adam do not condone the way he has dealt with his request!

Comment

Working...
            X