Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For anyone who is looking to pack on muscle...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For anyone who is looking to pack on muscle...

I was digging through my old folders and I came across my old lifting routine, Now this routine is pretty vigorous and will work every muscle in your body and turn you inside out, I used it when I was lifting and was putting on 1-2 pounds a week from it...If you are interested in building solid muscle and such this is for you....

THIS IS NOT TO BE USED FOR BOXING OR TO GET LEAN, THIS IS FOR BULK!

Monday-Back and Biceps

BACK
    T-Bar rows-10x8x6
    Deadlifts-10x8x6
    Lateral Raises-10x8x6

Biceps
    Barbell curls-10x8x6
    Concentration preacher curls or Concentration curls I alternate every other week-10x8x6
    Alternating dumbell curls-10x8x6
    Hammer Curls-10x10x10

Tuesday-Chest Triceps

Chest
    Flat bench press-10x8x6
    Incline Bench press-10x8x6
    Dumbell flyes (use machine or regular weights) I prefer machine-10x8x6

Triceps
    Dumbell Kickbacks-Most bend over I like to stand up no swinging either or it will be useless squeeze at the end of the kick and count to 2 or 3-10x8x6

Skullcrushers-10x8x6-BE CAREFUL!
    Also you can replace skullcrushers with dips. A lot of people seem to end up with tennis elbow doing skullcrushers.

Tricep Pulldowns-10x8x6 count to 3 then let up really squeeze the tricep this exercise will fry your triceps and make you beg for mercy afterwards if done properly.

Wednesday-HIIT CARDIO 15-20 minutes

Thursday Shoulders

Barbell front press-10x8x6
    Lateral Raises-10x10x10
    Rear Lateral raises-10x10x10
    Shrugs-10x10x10x10-Keep good form when shrugging shoulders up count to 2 then let down dont jerk up either.

Friday-Legs
    Squats-10x10x10-Make sure you dont go down to far use your weight bench as a guide on how far to go down
    Standing calve raises-10x10x10-I like to do this with my feet hanging off of a stair or a block is good.
    Leg Extensions-10x8x6
    Stiff-Legged deadlifts-10x8x6

Saturday-HIIT CARDIO 15-20 minutes on bike

Sunday-ZZZZZZ

Ab exercises are to be done each day, I prefer crunches/bicycle crunches/seated twists 25x4

Enjoy!

that seems like a good workout.. Spinks can u do me a favour and check the topic "i need advice" and read my first post and tell me if that will suit me. I'm trying to lower body fat % and put on more muscle mass

Comment

One thing u can do to lose body fat and gain muscle is eat 2X protein as carbs, you'll have enough protein for building and it'll force your body to burn it's own carbs - stored fat

Comment

when you say 10x8x6,what do you mean, how many reps, sets etc..

cheers

Comment

Originally posted by ShotgunSeanK
          when you say 10x8x6,what do you mean, how many reps, sets etc..

cheers
          3 sets
          1st set-10
          2nd set-8
          3rd set-6

beeatch-Watch out to much protein turns to fat, do about 1-2 grams of protein per pound

Comment

got ya, thanks

Comment

spinks how much muscle did you gain with this routine in total?

Comment

Originally posted by marvelous_TG
                spinks how much muscle did you gain with this routine in total?

With the proper nutrition level, I went from 140-165 with a 11% body fat percentage. Which is relatively low for bulking.

I put a lot of mass everywhere!

Here is my before and after stats.

Before After
                Bicep-11" 14.5"
                chest-32" 36"
                Thighs-20" 24"
                Calves-15" 16.5"
                Forearms-10" 12"
                neck-14" 15.5"
                Waist-34" 32"

I am very short about 5'7 and have a compact frame so that is most likely why I made some great gains from it.

Comment

whao unbelievble gains how much time did it take? I gues you don't want to become a pro boxer or something because bulking up like that isn't really good for boxing. But great results man, your arms really grown a lot you had some skinny arms. what kind of diet do you followed?

Comment

Originally posted by marvelous_TG
                    whao unbelievble gains how much time did it take? I gues you don't want to become a pro boxer or something because bulking up like that isn't really good for boxing. But great results man, your arms really grown a lot you had some skinny arms. what kind of diet do you followed?

Im boxing now, I had my first fight last Saturday.

I made those gains in about 4-6 month period, I follow the same diet I do now, all natural foods lean meats (more red meat when I was bulking but lean red meat) and vegetables and a bit of fruit, same diet just ate more of it. The only supplements I had used was whey protein for after workout and ZMA and SLEEP SLEEP SLEEP. I tried Creatine for about a week, but I broke out in horrible acne so I stopped that.

Arms were never my specialty, they were always rather small, they are around 11-12" now though but they are way more ripped.

Comment

Working...
                    X