Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Schaefer Pays Apart of Mayweather's Guarantee!?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schaefer Pays Apart of Mayweather's Guarantee!?

read the rest here: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/boxing-...141721498.html

No matter how much he knows he'll ultimately make, Schaefer is going to swallow hard on Saturday. When the fights end, it will be Schaefer and Golden Boy on the hook for the $41.5 million payday guaranteed to Mayweather, as well as the $5 million guaranteed to Alvarez.

"I'll tell you one thing: Just Mayweather's money, what Showtime is putting up for the fight, is not enough to pay Mayweather's guarantee for fight night, let alone all the other fighters," Schaefer said. " ... Together, I'll be out by the time the first bell rings probably well over $60 million."
    always thought it was the network that is entirely responsible for a fighter's guarantee
    Last edited by GrandpaBernard; 09-13-2013, 10:21 PM.

Didn't Floyd sign a contract with showtime in that they pay/guarantee 30 something million? That contract is with showtime, not gbp

Comment

Originally posted by ~AK49~ View Post
      Didn't Floyd sign a contract with showtime in that they pay/guarantee 30 something million?
      okay that makes sense now

Showtime is responsible for about 75% of that money while Richard handles the remaining 25%

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
        okay that makes sense now

Showtime is responsible for about 75% of that money while Richard handles the remaining 25%

As far as I'm aware on the contract with showtime, floyd gets a guarantee of 30 something million, then after a certain buy point Floyd gets a percentage of the buys.

I think Shaefer is just trying to act more in charge/responsible than he actually is. Either that or it was just terrible uniformed journalism.

Comment

always thought it was the network that is entirely responsible for a fighter's guarantee
          It is a Short Term Investment with a fairly quick turn around he gets all that back and more from Merchandise, Ticket Sales, Sponsors for the event, GBP get the money from the Event Sponsors and I am sure it is not cheap to get your product placed on the Ring Canvas and Ring Post and around the Stadium for such Mega Event like this and I am sure GBP get a lot of money from Corona as well

It is basically an Investment, you give up so much money up front but you get it all back AN MORE especially if the Event BREAK RECORDS! They are all going to be much Richer after Saturday

How GBP profit off of dealing with Mayweather? Big Time Sponsors want in when Mayweather is fight and the only way then can get in on the Event is through GBP

It is incredible what they are doing considering how Boxing is not even a Mainstream Sport In America

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
            It is a Short Term Investment with a fairly quick turn around he gets all that back and more from Merchandise, Ticket Sales, Sponsors for the event, GBP get the money from the Event Sponsors and I am sure it is not cheap to get your product placed on the Ring Canvas and Ring Post and around the Stadium for such Mega Event like this and I am sure GBP get a lot of money from Corona as well

It is basically an Investment, you give up so much money up front but you get it all back AN MORE especially if the Event BREAK RECORDS! They are all going to be much Richer after Saturday

How GBP profit off of dealing with Mayweather? Big Time Sponsors want in when Mayweather is fight and the only way then can get in on the Event is through GBP
            the article states Richard relies on the PPV revenue, which can take awhile, to be the ROI

Comment

He'll be out $60 mil by the first bell, but how much will he be up by the time the last bell rings? Highest grossing fight ever... I don't think Dick is worried about investing $60 mil when his return is, what, say $80-100 mil, maybe more? GBP is making a huge profit at the end of the night...

Comment

Originally posted by Infamous View Post
                He'll be out $60 mil by the first bell, but how much will he be up by the time the last bell rings? Highest grossing fight ever... I don't think Dick is worried about investing $60 mil when his return is, what, say $80-100 mil, maybe more? GBP is making a huge profit at the end of the night...
                It will take a good amount of time for all the money to come in, it doesnt happen as automatically as sending $42 mil to floyds account before the fight starts. Yea they will be a very big profit but a lot of risk is taken when you work off projected income, just look at the Guerrero fight.

Comment

Theres no way in hell SHO is guaranteeing Floyd more than $20 million after he just cost them $12 mill last time

SHO prolly gave him 20 mill and he put up 20 mill himself but he spend at least 20 mill on advertising and marketing.

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
                    Theres no way in hell SHO is guaranteeing Floyd more than $20 million after he just cost them $12 mill last time

SHO prolly gave him 20 mill and he put up 20 mill himself but he spend at least 20 mill on advertising and marketing.
                    A contract is a contract, legally binding. They knew going into the contract that there would be potential losses with the guarantee, but also understand that fights like this one would more than make up those losses. They willingly assumed the risk, and are now on the hook, legally.

Comment

Working...
                    X