Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Juan Manuel Marquez vs Miguel Cotto @ 150 catchweight.. Who Wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cotto by death with or without heredias steroids

Comment

150..thats to much for JMM, But seriously Cotto dont have much left in the tank, I think JMM would win a dec..he could come in at 144 and win. Great fight could go either way..but I think at this stage JMM wins a dec.

Comment

Originally posted by Ido View Post
        Que chingaos? Marquez is barely Jr. Welter.
        Best post in the thread.

At 147 it would be amazing though.
        Juan's uppercuts, both left and right, would be Cotto's undoing.

Comment

Originally posted by prtyboybladeage View Post
          The catchweight makes Cotto a sitting duck, but he is still bigger and hits harder. It would be a pretty slow fight.
          The catchweight should have an impact on Cotto but I think he'll still be able to perform - that's why I didn't say 147, because at 147 Cotto would definitely be a sitting duck and extremely weight-drained like Dawson was against Ward, because he's been out of that division for quite some time. at 150 he'd still be at about 75% to 80%. But he would be fighting a smaller man so it would even things up. Marquez would weigh in somewhere between 143 - 146.

Comment

Originally posted by akScoundrel View Post
            Apprently 145 and 165 are comparable sizes aswell, amirite?
            Give it a shot....show me.

Comment

I stipulated a catchweight because at this stage it would be the most realistic option. Cotto isn't going back down to 147 - he would be a zombie at the lower weight like De La Hoya was against Pac, like Dawson was against Ward. 150 would still allow Cotto to function reasonably well, while JMM would treat it the same as a 147 fight - he wouldn't try to come up to 150 I would guess, Heredia's not trying to bulk him up to that weight.

Comment

Originally posted by S. Saddler 1310 View Post
                Marquez' uppercuts and Cotto's vulnerability up through the middle are worth thinking about, too. hmm.

Cotto is marginally (though not hugely) the better natural athlete, but Marquez is the overall better technician and possesses the superior ring-intellect. i don't know, i think i favour JMM quite strongly in this, especially at 147.
                exactly if margarito's uppercuts where hurting imagine what marquez uppercut will do to the chinny cotto.

Comment

this would be a great fight though both will go down but marquez always gets up while cotto stays on his knee

Comment

150 makes not sense, Cotto would be too big... but I'm inclined to say Marquez still whips his ass.

145 and we have a fair fight.

Comment

Originally posted by GOD-FR33 View Post
                      Another STUPID thread here. What on planet Earth would make any of you think Marquez even has a remote shot of defeating Cotto? What disrespect this is to even be analyzing it in your heads. Cotto would KO Marquez because he is too small. PERIOD! Stop trying to make Marquez bigger than his PED body already is. He will never be better than Manny Pacquiao so forget it! What Manny did, Marquez cannot duplicate. He would not have beaten the fighters Manny did on his historic run. Manny is more special than Marquez. It's not always about cute ****er-punching and boxing skills. IDIOTS. He's a great fighter but I have lost all respect for him because in my heart and with my common sense, I KNOW what went down on December 8th.
                      The only thing that WENT DOWN on Dec 8 was Manny's face on the canvas now get over it.

Oh and by the way, I picked Cotto based on size difference but I know JMM would try to win regardless.

Comment

Working...
                      X