No announcement yet.

Message To African Americans From A Pakistani

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Message To African Americans From A Pakistani

First of all I would like to say I am not white, I am not black, I am Asian of Pakistani origin, I have noticed a few things about Slavery, Segregation and Struggle. I wish to say that I respect all races, creeds, religions and this is my personal opinion on how to deal with these issues and how I have done so.

1. Slavery : We here about this all the time, Slavery lasted for 400 years it was horrific and I condemn it totally, But it ended 150 years ago! To put things in to perspective Pakistan and India were ruled by the UK for almost 100 years, But 100 years out of the 5000 year old history of the subcontinent is nothing, We dont beat ourselves up about it, We learnt what would could from the British in the form of democratic institutions, universities, railways which are all incidentally still functioning and providing benefit to the masses. Pakistan since its Independence in 1947 which is just 65 odd years made many inventions, Chemotherapy, Computer Virus, The Human Development Index, Built nuclear weapons, Built satellites, The worlds largest Irrigation system and achieved many engineering feats. African Americans must ask themselves what they have achieved in 150 years of freedom? What have they invented? What great engineering feats have they accomplished? Perhaps the problem is that the attitude of a victim has been adopted instead of getting on with life and learning from the past.

2. Segregation: African Americans were segregated at schools and transportation amongst other things, Again this is deplorable, But it no longer happens. Infact Pakistan was overly critical of the segregation of blacks during Apartheid in South Africa, But guess what? Pakistanis today at airports are taken away for "questioning" this is not because of their race but because a handful of ******s are hijacking airplanes and flying them into towers and giving my countrymen a bad name, I accept that I will be questioned and led away separately and sometimes held for hours simply because of my background, I dont complain that this is segregation, I understand that a democratic society has a right to safeguard its citizens and if it temporarily causes inconvenience and saves lives and prevents ******s from giving me and my country a bad name then so be it! I am directly comparing how I have to wait at the airport and the questioning I get with Rosa Parks, Rosa Parks at least was allowed on the bus! Many Pakistanis are not allowed to fly on a plane! We dont complain about segregation! The United States is a great country that treats all of its citizens well, It may not have always done so and the United States maybe bad for other countries, But for Americans, American goes to great efforts to safeguard its people. You should be thankful you live in country that protects its citizens.

3. Struggle : We have heard about the struggle many times before, Which struggle exactly are African Americans referring? Surely they would have taken up armed struggle against oppression if the treatment of African Americans was so horrific? Or perhaps African Americans did not take up arms against their oppressors because the oppression they suffered back home in Africa was worse? There was never an attempt to systematically exterminate African Americans, There was no "Auschwitz" death camps, There were no "medical" experiments carried out, There was nothing like that. Contrast that with the treatment of Pakistanis living in Uganda by black Ugandans, They turned up with Machetes took over Pakistani business and land which the Ugandas were unable to maintain and they are now laying vacant for decades. Surely the African American community should be just as vocal in their condemnation of Ugandas treatment of Pakistanis which were all forcibly expelled and their property seized and murdered as they are were about the treatment of African Americans by whites.

In short there has been discrimination, But you can either change your circumstances or you can remain a victim of your circumstances, Get on with life or let life pass you by. The problem is not so much "discrimination" but the illusion of discrimination. Often people and societies look for scapegoats to blame their own lack of success as a community, That tends to always lead to failure.

so whats the message???cause we as African Americans have successful buisnesses,and most of use live in the same place everyone else lives...oh did i mention the president and several congressman and senate members are African Americans???i dont understand the point of this thread at all cause Humans are humans only loses make race a concern

Comment

Originally posted by larryx2013 View Post
      so whats the message???cause we as African Americans have successful buisnesses,and most of use live in the same place everyone else lives...oh did i mention the president and several congressman and senate members are African Americans???i dont understand the point of this thread at all cause Humans are humans only loses make race a concern
      There are no longer any black senators Larry (since Obama left,) something I find quite odd TBH (considering Democrats own the senate and blacks overwhelmingly support the Dem party.)
      Last edited by Jim Jeffries; 05-14-2012, 08:36 AM.

Comment

The message is this:

"I'm an alt, I'm a coward and a troll. I don't understand what has happened in America historically in the past 400 years and therefore I am just going to say blacks are lazy, stupid and incapable of achieving the same things we Paksitani's have"

Pakistan isn't the great country he is making out to be.

One of the lowest maternal and infant mortality rates in the world. Life expectancy is only 64 years of age.

It's a country roughly the size of Turkey and has almost 200 million people in it. It's the 6th most populated country in the world.

Not to mention it's 97% muslim and look at how India has excelled in the world economically and in Pakistan has been held back, many experts believe because of the influence of religion in that country.

There are suicide bombings all the time in Pakistan as well and the treatment of women in that country isn't very good either.

People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Comment

You are drawing unparallel lines here between the African American community and Pakistan. For example, Slavery ended 150 years ago however; it wasn’t until the civil rights that African Americans were actually treated like human beings and equal, they were practically denied their rights under the beloved constitution. Even after the civil rights movement there are numerous obstacles for African Americans to succeed. A white man in America with a criminal record has a better chance getting a job than a Black man without a criminal record today. There are still barriers and negative perceptions. This problem that was brewing for hundreds of years isn’t going to resolve itself over 40 year period.

You second point reeks of superiority complex. Not surprised about your immense white love syndromes every Indians, Pakistanis and Sri Lankans has it. Just search on Google African American inventors before your run your mouth. In 2011 HDI, there are quite a few African nations that have a greater HDI than your beloved Pakistan, eg Kenya, Congo, Ghana, Equatorial Guinea, Namibia. Botswana, Gabon and other Black nations as well. Africa nations don’t need nuclear weapons or long range missiles, majority of African nations for example don’t have a neighbor next door that is willingly to destroy their neighbor over a single dispute. If anything, overall more Blacks were killed during Slavery than the Holocaust

There was nothing wrong what happened in Uganda. There is nothing wrong with wanting your nation economy to be under control by its native people. Idi Amin is a hero and a legend.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
            The message is this:

"I'm an alt, I'm a coward and a troll. I don't understand what has happened in America historically in the past 400 years and therefore I am just going to say blacks are lazy, stupid and incapable of achieving the same things we Paksitani's have"

Pakistan isn't the great country he is making out to be.

One of the lowest maternal and infant mortality rates in the world. Life expectancy is only 64 years of age.

It's a country roughly the size of Turkey and has almost 200 million people in it. It's the 6th most populated country in the world.

Not to mention it's 97% muslim and look at how India has excelled in the world economically and in Pakistan has been held back, many experts believe because of the influence of religion in that country.

There are suicide bombings all the time in Pakistan as well and the treatment of women in that country isn't very good either.

People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.
            Im sure if you contrast Mexico with the USA there is a bigger difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Flawless* View Post
              You are drawing unparallel lines here between the African American community and Pakistan. For example, Slavery ended 150 years ago however; it wasn’t until the civil rights that African Americans were actually treated like human beings and equal, they were practically denied their rights under the beloved constitution. Even after the civil rights movement there are numerous obstacles for African Americans to succeed. A white man in America with a criminal record has a better chance getting a job than a Black man without a criminal record today. There are still barriers and negative perceptions. This problem that was brewing for hundreds of years isn’t going to resolve itself over 40 year period.

You second point reeks of superiority complex. Not surprised about your immense white love syndromes every Indians, Pakistanis and Sri Lankans has it. Just search on Google African American inventors before your run your mouth. In 2011 HDI, there are quite a few African nations that have a greater HDI than your beloved Pakistan, eg Kenya, Congo, Ghana, Equatorial Guinea, Namibia. Botswana, Gabon and other Black nations as well. Africa nations don’t need nuclear weapons or long range missiles, majority of African nations for example don’t have a neighbor next door that is willingly to destroy their neighbor over a single dispute. If anything, overall more Blacks were killed during Slavery than the Holocaust

There was nothing wrong what happened in Uganda. There is nothing wrong with wanting your nation economy to be under control by its native people. Idi Amin is a hero and a legend.
              *COUGH* I wonder who Invented that HDI that you are using? LOL!

Calling Idi Amin a hero is akin to calling "Robert E Lee" a hero or the "KKK" heroes, Its overly offensive, If Idi Amin was such a hero then why did he flee into exile from his own country to Saudi Arabia?
              Last edited by Liquid Nil; 05-14-2012, 08:51 AM.

Comment

dont you work at a disneyland call center?

Comment

I would love for The Ban Stick to reveal who this alt really is.

Comment

yeah because it's so awesome in Pakistan. lol

Comment

Working...
                    X