Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: If Everything is Settled, Blame Mayweather For Fight Bust

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: If Everything is Settled, Blame Mayweather For Fight Bust

By Lyle Fitzsimmons - Contrary to some folks’ belief, I don’t have a direct line to Floyd Mayweather Jr.

We don’t hang out together. I’m not on the promotional payroll.

Nor am I expecting Christmas cards this season from either Michigan or Vegas.

But if I really did have the best pound-for-pound fighter in the world’s ear, I can promise you one thing. I’d have a very simple message for him today.

And it’d go something like this:

“Floyd,” to borrow a phrase my mom used to use, “it’s time to **** or get off the pot.”

Admittedly, each time I heard Alice Fitzsimmons use those words, they were directed at the back of a car moving at what she viewed as less-than-optimal speed for the lane it was driving.

More often than not, it didn’t work. But somehow, it helped.

In this case, I don’t figure the end result will be much different.

I don’t pretend for a moment that Floyd or a member of his crew will read this and suddenly exclaim, “You know, that Lyle guy has got it right. Get Bob Arum on the phone. It’s time to sign a contract.”

It probably won’t happen. But it certainly should.

Because in this one sector of the gag-free speculation committee, each day that passes without an official thumbs-up from Arum, Richard Schaefer or the fighters themselves makes it less likely the thing happens at all – this year, next year or ever.

If what’s been reported is true and Mayweather’s sign-off is really the lone remaining obstacle, a time will soon come for Arum and Pacquiao to throw up their hands, say “we tried our best” and move on to more-willing quarry wandering the welterweight/junior middleweight plains. [Click Here To Read More]

Im a huge mayweather fan and i 100% agree with everything fitzy said rite here. i will not defend floyd if this fight doesnt go thru, be it in nov or march.

Comment

Even Mr. Fitzsimmons is getting anxious if there is a match after all.

Comment

Bull****. Call me when Floyd, Ellerbe, Roger or Haymon make an offical statement.

All we have is Arum's side.

Comment

whatever.........

Comment

I actually like Lyle.

But he failed to mention that Pac hasnt signed the contract either.

I need to hear from Floyds camp. One side of the story doesnt cut it for me.

Comment

We have yet to hear a word from the Mayweather camp, I'll hold off judgement until I hear what they have to say.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                Im a huge mayweather fan and i 100% agree with everything fitzy said rite here. i will not defend floyd if this fight doesnt go thru, be it in nov or march.
                green for u. for not justifying floyd's silence.

Comment

Originally posted by led View Post
                  green for u. for not justifying floyd's silence.
                  red for u. for putting 100% faith in Arums "word".

Comment

If the fight don't get made blame Floyd. End of story as far as i'm concerned.

Comment

Working...
                    X