Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does ginger take a risk with a Floyd fight looming?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    I think it's possible. That's why he should fight these guys.

Imagine if going into a Mayweather fight in September he was coming off a 3rd round stoppage of somone like Kirkland or Angulo? Even though they aren't the best names at 154 it will still be a huge, impressive win to head into that fight with.
    I agree, but I don't really trip on who he hasn't fought yet. He's YOUNG and he's been making some progressions. His phony belt makes people get excited but he's realy just a mid-level contender still learning his game.

That said, your point is taken. he should try to get something under his belt that would help him mentally feel ready for Mayweather. I think Cotto (and I lean towards that being where he goes) can do that too. Given who he's faced, that's still a step up and a serious veteran who might test him. It's still a tougher fight, IMO, then Angulo (though not Kirkland if Kirkland can go and has his head on straight).

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
      I agree, but I don't really trip on who he hasn't fought yet. He's YOUNG and he's been making some progressions. His phony belt makes people get excited but he's realy just a mid-level contender still learning his game.

That said, your point is taken. he should try to get something under his belt that would help him mentally feel ready for Mayweather. I think Cotto (and I lean towards that being where he goes) can do that too. Given who he's faced, that's still a step up and a serious veteran who might test him. It's still a tougher fight, IMO, then Angulo (though not Kirkland if Kirkland can go and has his head on straight).
      I'll take anyone at this point. He's a young guy (23?) but his opposition is just so so poor. Young or not.

I'll take anyone, anyone of the top Jr Middleweights. Preferably Trout obviously but I'll even take guys like Kirkland, Molina, Angulo, Cotto etc etc etc.

Comment

Yeah that's true, getting the rounds was a positive. I just think, if that young kid can crack, Angulo would have been in big trouble.

Just like Angulo will find Canelo, I think Canelo will find him and I think he will hurt him.

But you're right though. We know Angulo still has heavy hands and legit Jr Middleweight strength and power and we honestly don't know if Canelo will fold like a cheap chair or not once he's hit with it.
        I agree. Which is why I don't think they'll put him in there with Angulo or Kirkland. Kirkland may be chinny & Angulo may have looked horrible but 1 flush shot from either man & boom, there goes the Floyd date.

Comment

I'll take anyone at this point. He's a young guy (23?) but his opposition is just so so poor. Young or not.

I'll take anyone, anyone of the top Jr Middleweights. Preferably Trout obviously but I'll even take guys like Kirkland, Molina, Angulo, Cotto etc etc etc.
          He's not fighting Trout if Floyd is possible because it's too dicey. Molina: same thing. Kirkland, Cotto, and Angulo would all be the realistic scenarios.

And 23 in this era is pretty young. Guys are moved along ginger (pun intended) moreso than in years past but he's about where a long term project type would be expected to be at this age/point. He's at the moment where the big fights/tests need to start no doubt. I remember seeing him early on and I would never have guessed he'd even get to this point.

Comment

Originally posted by ElBossHogg™ View Post
            no one at 154 can beat him, only reason they been fighting lighter opposition is cause them dudes can help sell a fight, as opposed to anyone else in the 154 who only people paying will be people to see canelo.

You want to box, have some freaking fans at least.
            Ouuu...poor..you still believe in the easter bunny...

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
              I don't think they should abuse Maidana or Ortiz like that, at least have him fight a natural 154lb opponent. The Josesito Lopez fight was a joke.
              Who truly knows

Comment

This is a no win situation for Canelo. If he fights a legit opponent such as Trout and beats him convincingly, Floyd will avoid him. If he loses convincingly, Floyd wont fight him and will say he wasnt that good anyway.

Comment

Bro..he is #2..#1 is Floyd..to go for the ring belt he should fight #3 (cotto), #4(lara) or # 5(vanes) I can't see him fighting any of this guys but maybe he prove me wrong...

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
                    This is a no win situation for Canelo. If he fights a legit opponent such as Trout and beats him convincingly, Floyd will avoid him. If he loses convincingly, Floyd wont fight him and will say he wasnt that good anyway.
                    And what if he fights him?

Comment

Just because they are fighting on the same card does not mean Floyd is fighting him in September. They have fought on the same card before. Until I hear Golden Boy actually say Floyd will be fighting Canelo in September I don't think Floyd will be fighting Canelo for his September fight. I have no idea who Oscar will get for Canelo's May opponent but I think Canelo should fight Trout or Lara.

Comment

Working...
                      X