Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Floyd and Manny get what they both wanted?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by timboslice708 View Post
    At the end of the day, do you guys think, Floyd and Manny are both kinda relieved that people aren't clamoring for this fight like they used to. Lets say they end up never fighting one another. You think their just happy, their both set for life, financially, and neither guy had to go through the mental stress of losing to one another.
    Yeah, I think so. Neither of them bent over backwards to make the fight happen. I think boxing history will recognize Pac as a possible cheater for not taking the test, especially with all the positive testing going on in this era. And unlike what a lot of Pac fans say, I don't think Mayweathers demands of random testing will be interpreted as him using that as a tool to avoid Pac. How the heck was he supposed to know Manny would avoid random testing at all costs? Mayweathers demands are completely justified after seeing how much cheating is going on in boxing during this era.

Comment

I have said it for a long time niether wanted the fight. It sux but what can yah do?

Comment

had they fought in 2009 and 1 boxer got embarrassed bad and exposed do you think that fighter would have even made half as much money?

say what you want but Bob Arum knows what the **** his doing

Comment

Floyd certainly got more than what he wanted. "No test no fight."

Pac gave him test and still no fight. So....

Comment

I think Manny regrets it, especially now when he could of fought Mayweather instead of Bradley and received a loss still but with 30million to go along with it.

Comment

Originally posted by DAN916 View Post
              I think Manny regrets it, especially now when he could of fought Mayweather instead of Bradley and received a loss still but with 30million to go along with it.
              How can you regret something you're not in control of? Manny have always believed that Floyd is still not yet ready for the fight.

Manny took the zero PPV as another way to avoid the fight just like the OST demand.

When Paq announced he was agreeing to the test (just right after the Mosley/Floyd, he was saying, "I want to know if that is really the reason."
              Last edited by Bullrider; 08-09-2012, 02:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by timboslice708 View Post
                At the end of the day, do you guys think, Floyd and Manny are both kinda relieved that people aren't clamoring for this fight like they used to. Lets say they end up never fighting one another. You think their just happy, their both set for life, financially, and neither guy had to go through the mental stress of losing to one another.

Floyd got what he wanted, not fighting Pacquiao.

Pacquiao wanted the Mayweather bout, so he never got what he wanted.

But at least he know he will be remembered as the greater boxer.

Comment

Floyd is the best fighter on the planet - He wanted that
                  Pacquiao never took a drug test - He wanted that

Comment

Originally posted by CHOWWOKKA View Post
                    Floyd is the best fighter on the planet - He wanted that
                    Pacquiao never took a drug test - He wanted that
                    Floyd 2010: I'm not thinking about boxing at the moment, want to take a year or two out of the game to spend with my familly.

Yeah sounds like he wanted it.

Comment

Yes, both of them got what they wanted. Floyd still has his zero.. Floyd got the money.. and still considered what he was before. i mean he's still considered p4p champion but many are still criticizing him..

pac also got what he wanted. he rose to pinnacle of the sport. had a great resume. had touched people's heart. had upset victories. had the money. became the fighter of the decade.

at the end of the day I think both fighters are happy that the fight didn't happen. it might be small or big but at a certain degree i know they are.
                      Who's the greatest of this era? thats the question they'd rather chose to be left unaswered forever and let the people decide and debate.

but if I have to chose who really won, its floyd.. floyd didnt have any blemish on his record. and even on decline he's winning fights. while manny's decline is so obvious that he losses and gets criticize.

if people would debate someday, they would just say pacman lose to erik morales. pacman has been KOed. pacman has been technically beaten by bradley.
                      floyd wins.

Comment

Working...
                      X