No announcement yet.

Eddie Hearn Offers Wilder $12.5M flat.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
    Sorry Ray, I meant percentage wise. This fight will do more than the Parker fight.
    How do you know?

Comment

• Originally posted by Boksfan View Post
      How do you know?
      Wilder has a much bigger fanbase than Parker. The US market is far more lucrative than New Zealand. The WBC belt is far more valuable than the WBO.

Comment

• Originally posted by PensionKiller View Post
        How many PPV has Wilder sold and where?
        So you are insinuating that a Wilder vs AJ fight won't sell ppv in the US?

Good fights sell. It is all about the dance partner.

Comment

• Originally posted by The plunger man View Post
          so how come wilders highest purse is 2.1 million against ortiz lol.
          They hardly sound like bill gates in terms of making wilder huge purses.
          Wilder is the B-side and will have to fight 6 more times to earn that kind of money and joshua earnt £15 million against klitchcko so its hardly a huge difference if this fight makes the same kind of numbers
          On the flip side side we can also question why they was OK with giving Parker 30% or whatever but with Wilder they want to do just a FLAT?

I don't get paid to figure this **** out so I won't pretend like I know how it works but when you negotiate you throw numbers around and you give and take a little. Nobody ever said he should get 50/50 and nobody is arguing that Wilder is the A Side in all of them. If they game Parker 30% or whatever "ALLEGEDLY" then I think 35% for Wilder seems fair

I guess we will have to wait and see how it plays out or if Wilder is happy with that deal but I doubt it not with the team he has.

Comment

• Originally posted by Phenom View Post
            I can't believe 62 people think this is a good offer
            Those are the guys that Wilder has shook.

Comment

• Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
              So you are insinuating that a Wilder vs AJ fight won't sell ppv in the US?

Good fights sell. It is all about the dance partner.
              Well boxing is very niche sport in US so it most likely won't sell.

Comment

• Flat fee? Sounds low ball to me. Hoping this isn't really a take it or leave it offer.

Comment

• Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
                  Even in a loss , Wilder raises his stock higher .

He does so bc you dont go fighting for 12 million then back too 2 million . Thats not even including the rematch . He will be a huge name win or lose after the Joshua fights .

If he doesn't take the fight it says hes not confident and will be advised wrongly as usual and continue his 2 million paydays .

Im sure he will get over 13 million with the little stipulations involved , but its irrelevant in what i just posted .
                  I would also take it. The rematch clause basically means if its any bit competative he can negotiate more, or fight twice for a good bit. yes it raises his stock considerably.

The stipulations depend J...If he is smart perhaps asking for a piece of the proceeds instead of a flat fee. But if he negotiates a decent package he can take home a decent amount. The hard part being to just get a percentage, a nice take and not be obligated to anybody lol.

What many people miss is that you have a time line. During that line your peak earnings are defined not just by how much you make a fight, but how many fights you can have in that time period. So... If Wilder hits the next level with this fight, thats more important than another 12 million or so. If he fights regularly at that level and eeks out a few more peak pay days, it will do him better than trying to negotiate for one big pay day.

As usual great minds think alike lol. Yeah if he does not take this with perhaps an attempt at a percentage, etc then he might be scared of Joshua after all.

Comment

• 20 bucks says the vast majority of the posters claiming it is a lowball offer are the same ones who said GGG should have taken Oscars "10 mil flat and no ppv upside" offer

hmmmm, undefeated champion, high KO percentage, less than spectacular resume at the time, no major PPV history, hmmmmmm, what is different with Wilder? hmmmm, what could it be??

Comment

• Originally posted by *TonyMontana* View Post
                      This is it haha

Hearn should offer the 12mil or a mystery box with flashing lights and shlt

Wilder would take the box
                      Now listen chere son...yu eva been to alabamer? Dumb? Wilder? them boys down dere dey so dumb...In alabamer you gots to go to night school to grow a thumb!

In Bamma? they still want Trump to have a sit down with the president of Canada!

Comment

Working...
                      X