No announcement yet.

Does Amir Last As Long As Josesito Lopez vs Canelo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Amir Last As Long As Josesito Lopez vs Canelo

Josesito was Mexican warrior that would brawl. Amir is glass chin but a level better. He'll also run and clinch.

What do you tink?

TKO in 6. Khan will last one more round than Lopez. He will take a more conservative approach this time but his lack of speed and his tendency to stay in the pocket when hurt will be his downfall. He will be brutally counterpunched and we will see a new version of the chicken dance, 15 years after Judah-Tszyu.
    Last edited by afterpunk; 03-31-2016, 01:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
      Josesito was Mexican warrior that would brawl. Amir is glass chin but a level better. He'll also run and clinch.

What do you tink?
      Just wanta point out one other difference is Canelo is more matured/physically bigger/stronger now than when he fought Josesito.

Comment

I think one of Canelo's fast accurate bombs will land on Khan's weak chin and either knock him out cold or set him up for the kill before the fifth round. Khan doesn't have Lopez's toughness and ability to hang in there and recover from being hurt. Khan will fold the first time he gets hurt which won't take long. If Canelo doesn't KO Khan with a single blow it doesn't matter. Canelo is a great finisher and once he hurts Khan he won't let him escape.

Comment

Wasn't Lopez essentially going up 2 weight classes for that fight? He moved up for Ortiz and then moved up right away again for Canelo. Khan at least as been fighting at WW for a couple of fights, but not against any punchers so hard to say. I think he lasts longer

Comment

Originally posted by LA_2_Vegas View Post
            Wasn't Lopez essentially going up 2 weight classes for that fight? He moved up for Ortiz and then moved up right away again for Canelo. Khan at least as been fighting at WW for a couple of fights, but not against any punchers so hard to say. I think he lasts longer
            He fought Ortiz at 147 and Jessie Vargas at slightly above 140. Similar situation I think, Lopez has a better chin though.

Khan is going to have to rely on his legs to get out of trouble in this one.

Comment

Khan knows how to run and avoid punishment when he is in trouble. He did it versus Maidana barely, Peterson, Julio Diaz barely, he was also on the run versus Algieri. He could not escape DSG because he decided to trade with him while he was still out on his feet kind of.

I'm not going to lie, I think Khan can make it to 12 rounds barely, it's up to Canelo. I also know for sure that if Canelo tries to KO Khan he will succeed. But will Canelo try to KO him or box him? I don't know which Canelo will show up. Khan's fate depends on Canelo.

Comment

nopeee, man i hope canelo turns up the heat early on amir

Comment

What is Josesito doing these days? Been over a year since he fought. He was an underdog I liked rooting for, he always came to fight.

Comment

Canelo is a very good counter puncher and will catch Khan in an exchange..i think the 1st solid shot he lands buckles Khan and it is the beginning of the end honestly

Comment

Working...
                    X