Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In the case that Texas lands the fight, has anyone heard about Cowboy Stadium?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In the case that Texas lands the fight, has anyone heard about Cowboy Stadium?

I think the stadium is great and the atmosphere is good there, although Cotto should just pull out. But in case he agrees and Texas lands the gig, has anyone heard if it will be in Cowboy Stadium? I think the production for the Pacquiao fights was top notch, but this would be short notice.

I don't like the fight outside of New York but if it will take place it will take place no matter where.

I doubt its cowboy stadium

Comment

Originally posted by kimmiblob View Post
      I doubt its cowboy stadium
      Where in Texas would a fight of such magnitude take place? If this fight happens and ends up in a ballroom somewhere you can bet Cotto will leave Top Rank as pissed off as one can be. This is the biggest fight of the year along with Marquez-Pacquiao III.

Comment

Originally posted by Exciterx24 View Post
        Where in Texas would a fight of such magnitude take place? If this fight happens and ends up in a ballroom somewhere you can bet Cotto will leave Top Rank as pissed off as one can be. This is the biggest fight of the year along with Marquez-Pacquiao III.
        basketball arenas.

there's no nba this year.

san antonio , houston , dallas.....

Comment

Cowboy stadium is too massive. I went for PAc vs Marg, and there were 35,000 people there, and it looked empty.

JCC Jr. is fighting here on Saturday, I say if there is a big turn out, the fight will be here at the Reliant Arena, or at the Toyota Center where Juan Diaz had a bunch of fights. Juan had 17,000 people in there, and the place was rocking!

Comment

guaranteed if this fight is in texas than its gonna be at Cowboy stadium.

One call from Arum to Jones and its a done deal. If it happens than I'm going and I'm gonna wear a shirt that says "May the best child of Pacquiao win."

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
              guaranteed if this fight is in texas than its gonna be at Cowboy stadium.

One call from Arum to Jones and its a done deal. If it happens than I'm going and I'm gonna wear a shirt that says "May the best child of Pacquiao win."
              It wont happen there, I can guarantee it. It is too big to sit just 15,000 people in there. Cowboys Stadium holds 100K plus.

It will be here in Houston in the same place that held JMM vs Juan Diaz, and Juan Diaz vs Paulie.

If not there, it will be in the Reliant Arena. That place holds about 10 thousand.

Comment

It will be in San Antonio lol!!: AT&T Center ( http://www.lakeflato.com/projects/att-center/ ) with a capacity for 18,700 screaming fans!

Or how about the Alamodome? http://www.alamodome.com/default.asp?alamodome=26 !!

Either one will work!!

Comment

Way too big and for a short amount of time to buy tickets.
                  Last edited by Seleção No. 13; 11-17-2011, 10:38 PM.

Comment

Well guys I have checked arena websites and I hate to break it to those of you in Houston, San Antonio or Dallas but the fight isn't going to happen in any of those cities and here's why:

Houston: Toyota Centre is booked for the Circus through to December 4, Reliant Arena booked for some gymnastics **** LOL.

Dallas: Dallas Stars play a home game that night, American Airlines Arena not available.

San Antonio: AT&T Centre booked for AHL game, arena not available.

So when you hear El Paso mentioned as a possible site to hold this fight I can see why. Don Haskins Center near University of El Paso...it doesn't have anything booked for December 3rd...it holds just over 12,000.

Comment

Working...
                    X