Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where would you rank Canelo among the greatest Mexican boxers of all time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5 places behind don Julio

Comment

Canelo seems to have finally settled in at middleweight, besides his upcoming venture to super middleweight. He's with DAZN for 11 fights which means he'll likely fight the other middleweights that are also aligned with the streaming service. I'm not a huge fan of Canelo's but I like to be as unbiased as possible. This is a new stretch for Canelo which will take up most of his prime. What he does in these next five years will define where he ranks in history.

Like some of you have mentioned already, some of Canelo's biggest wins have asterisks next to them. Lara was probably a loss, he outweighed Cotto, he fought at a catch weight of 155 for several fights, and lost the first fight to Golovkin and arguably the second as well. Now that he's settled in at 160 he can fight the best the division has. If he wins convincingly or puts up great efforts in defeat I think it'll increase his stock in the rankings. But no more catch weights or waiting out fights. It's a crucial time in his career in my opinion.

Comment

I'll wait until he hangs them up. (Outside top 10 currently)

Comment

Top 15 currently or at #17 but I can see him retire either just outside the top 10 or make #10!

He’ll be facing men bigger than him from now on with reach advantages and likely having more power but he can win due to his defense, speed, counter punching skills, experience and the fact he has one of the best Chins in boxing!

If he beats Andrade, Jacobs and tops it off with either a Charlo win or a legit champ at 168 then he def in the top 10!

Comment

Who's the top ten 6'2 tall boxers of all time?

Comment

Top 15 right now.

On pace to be top 5.

He's only 27 or so.

Comment

once his career is over i will let you know

Comment

He isn't even in the discussion.

Let's be fair to him - trying to crack into the list of greatest Mexican champs is a tall order. Mexico's boxing history and its great fighters are the stuff of legend.

Time is on his side though, he is still very young for the amount of fights he has had. He could end his career with an extraordinarily deep resume.

Comment

The moment he loses he will be rated right at the bottom.. at the moment they rate him too high.. people high off his close decision atm. Let’s see how his career progresses and rate him at end or close to it.
                    For me, there no way I’d put him in top 10 lol

Comment

Working...
                    X