No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: McWilliams Arroyo Targets Sor Rungvisai Showdown

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: McWilliams Arroyo Targets Sor Rungvisai Showdown

INGLEWOOD - Former flyweight titleholder McWilliams Arroyo (17-3, 14 KOs) of Puerto Rico won a 10 round majority decision over former titleholder Carlos Cuadras. It was another classic battle between fighters from Mexico and Puerto Rico. Both fighters stood in the pocket, exchanging combinations that looked to favor Cuadras early on. A right hand seemed to stun Arroyo near the end of the second round, but Cuadras was not able to follow up.
    [Click Here To Read More]

97 - 93, seem right he just out hustled Quadras all night... CC has lost something I just can't put my finger on it very competitive but he's not in that Elite...

Comment

Make it for Superfly 3.

Comment

Originally posted by nycsmooth View Post
        97 - 93, seem right he just out hustled Quadras all night... CC has lost something I just can't put my finger on it very competitive but he's not in that Elite...
        I don't think he lost anything he just seems to overlook tuneup opponents.

He looked great against Gonzales, crap against Carmona, and back good again against Estrada.

He might have overlooked Arroyo due to his 3 losses and long layoff.

Comment

It almost seems like the writer in this article isn't really giving Arroyo credit for winning but rather providing EXCUSES as to why Cuadras lost. In other words, he's implying that Arroyo didn't beat the real Cuadras but rather that Cuadras beat himself. BS, This is the exact same Cuadras I remember from his previous fights: not very technical at all and easily countered. Arroyo isn't even that good either but he showed how a slightly more technical boxer can outbox a free-swinging fighter.

Comment

Come on lets go" Arroyo fight sor now!!! There is no tomorrow, u are 32.Beat em and let these mofos know why you've been avoided most of your career!!!!

Comment

Nobody want to see that.

This guy is mediocre.

He is not in the same League.

Cuadras yesterday was puré trash, changed his style to a brawler when he is a slick boxer that fights in the large distance.

First will be the rematch vs Estrada like happened with Román vs Rungvisai II when Cuadras had to wait.

Comment

Arroyo showed me he is a smart and technically sound fighter. I was impressed with his poise and his game plan. Let's see how he does against Rungvisai who is definitely the more physically gifted fighter. I would like to see him pull off the upset.

Comment

Mannn i dont care if Arroyo beat cuadras cuz he still isnt elite and a Rung fight wont be close.

Estrada rematch sounds good

Comment

Lets b real here if Arroyo was not 32 and was an active figher he would have of been avoided!!! Former world amtr champion mediocre? Only person mediocre here is u!!!
                    Last edited by Pakutu93; 02-25-2018, 09:53 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X