Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Martinez: Hey Cotto, Beat Me and I'll Give You My Purse

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im not gonna lie, I'd love to see a Cotto-Martinez clash but Martinez is really starting to sound desperate now. The reason he is calling out Cotto is for $$$ so all this I'll give you my purse is non-sense just to have Cotto in negotiations with him. Out of Cotto, Floyd and Pacquiao, Cotto is prolly the only one of the 3 that will get in the ring with him anyways. I still think Martinez is ducking the Super Middleweight Division by continuing to call out these smaller fighters and making it seem like he is one of the most avoided. Go to 168 and I'll bet ya they ready to fight you up there. I got Martinez over Cotto in a tough yet exciting fight.

Comment

Cotto can't beat Martinez at this point in their careers. It would be very entertaining still, but I just see TR not giving into Martinez simply because they can.

Comment

Originally posted by intoccabile View Post
        They weigh 180 on fight night versus his 167-171 on fight night. How are they closer to his weight?
        @Fight night

Mayweather = 150
        Ortiz = 164

So ?

Comment

Originally posted by boricuajr23 View Post
          Im not gonna lie, I'd love to see a Cotto-Martinez clash but Martinez is really starting to sound desperate now. The reason he is calling out Cotto is for $$$ so all this I'll give you my purse is non-sense just to have Cotto in negotiations with him. Out of Cotto, Floyd and Pacquiao, Cotto is prolly the only one of the 3 that will get in the ring with him anyways. I still think Martinez is ducking the Super Middleweight Division by continuing to call out these smaller fighters and making it seem like he is one of the most avoided. Go to 168 and I'll bet ya they ready to fight you up there. I got Martinez over Cotto in a tough yet exciting fight.
          I beileive he said he will move up if noone fights him. Lets face it this guy is the most ducked guy around. Except for Pirog who has that ONE win on his resume against Jacobs the day after his grandma died.

Comment

a fighter not fighting for money but rather for glory...reminds me of the good ol days...

Comment

no way Cotto beats Martinez at this point -- I think that he'll probably lose to Margarito, anyway so it's a moot point....

Comment

Sergio u r dissapointing me. You criticize Pacs opponents now u want to fight Cotto?

I hear theres a rumour Floyd wants u as his next opponent, so why r u talking Cotto?

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                  Sergio u r dissapointing me. You criticize Pacs opponents now u want to fight Cotto?

I hear theres a rumour Floyd wants u as his next opponent, so why r u talking Cotto?
                  i think he wants to fight Floyd for the money and cause he got mad respect for him and he wants Cotto cause he probably dont like him and thinks that he is overrated or something like that...he wants to shut him up...thats 2 different things...in the ned he wants to fight both of them...nothings wrong with that or is it?

also this is a rumor and Martinez knows better than us what is happening in the background for the next fight...i think there is a 20% chance that Floyd is his next opponent...not more...Floyd would definatly suprise me if hes gonna do it...

Comment

Originally posted by WesleySnipes View Post
                    .i think there is a 20% chance that Floyd is his next opponent...not more...Floyd would definatly suprise me if hes gonna do it...
                    Why should floyd fighting Sergio suprise anyone. If floyd wants to be recognized as the 2nd best fighter on the planet, Sergio types guys are the people he needs to beat.

Comment

Steroidgio Martinez: Hey Cotto, Beat Me and I'll Give You My Purse
                      i believe him. he probably owns several purses.

Comment

Working...
                      X