No announcement yet.

Ike Quartey vs Oscar De La Hoya.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by street bully View Post
    Since I believe that fight was a robbery, and De La Hoya refused to give Quartey a rematch, lets settle this **** once and for all. Who did you guys have winning the fight?
    "ROBBERY"?

You had Quartey winning 8-9 rounds? Because if he only won 7 rounds, that is a close fight and not a robbery.

Comment

Since I believe that fight was a robbery, and De La Hoya refused to give Quartey a rematch, lets settle this **** once and for all. Who did you guys have winning the fight?
      Oscar but Quartey deserved a rematch. Close fight tough.

Comment

Ike took it. He controlled most of the fight and there were stretches in that fight were oscar did nothing but follow ike.

Comment

I thought Oscar sealed a 1 point victory with the knockdown in the 12th.

Comment

I thought Ike won the fight. I also remember oscar trying to convince larry merchant that it was not a good fight, thus being so he would not have to fight a rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by stefjonno1 View Post
              I thought Ike won the fight. I also remember oscar trying to convince larry merchant that it was not a good fight, thus being so he would not have to fight a rematch.
              It is true, he did.

I am a massive Oscar fan but I'm not gonna lie, he was angling to not have to fight Ike again immediately after that fight.

"I didn't think it was that great a fight, there are better fights out there for me", that type of talk. I think he knew that he kind of got away with one. I still had Oscar winning the fight though. I've scored it an absolute gutload of times as well.

Comment

Originally posted by strugler View Post
                Oscar but Quartey deserved a rematch. Close fight tough.
                I agree with this. The 12th rd knockdown is what sealed it for me.

Comment

I had DLH winning because of the last round.

Comment

I think i had it something like a point to Ike but i havent seen it in over a year now so i cant really remember.

Comment

DLH. 12th round gave him the W.

Comment

Working...
                      X