No announcement yet.

How to find out how your chin is?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to find out how your chin is?

Im just wondering at what stage can you say you have a hard chin at the amateur level?
    No one is fighting Tyson's and Foremans so how does one know where his chin is placed from Terrible to Granite? How would you know you have a terrible chin or a granite chin sparring and fighting normal amateur boxers?

id guess thats sumthing u have to find out, needless to say if ur rocked by jabs u have a pretty good chance of getting knocked out easily. but if u get hit in the right spot dead on and have no defense its pretty safe to assume also that ull go down

Comment

Developing a good defense is whats important, don't worry about your chin. A lot of guys who are said to have a bad chin, it is really just because they put their freaking chin up into the air to be hit, like Klitschko and Zab Judah. I personally believe that having a good chin has more to do with keeping it tucked in then some sort of biological thing. Of course on the other hand there is someone like Carlos Maussa who has his chin straight up in the air and is still very tough to knock down!

Comment

I don't know... You will find out. Move with the punch. Don't move into it lol.

It's all about how you take the shot. Also if you are seeing the shot coming. Also if your off balance of so. But i really don't know. I taken some good shot's street boxing. I was off balance alot. And if your off balance your bound to go down. But for the chin.. I don't know.. You gonna have to get rocked alot to find out. Put it like this. If you say to your self i could take this shot all the time you could take the shot. Trust me it works for me. Don't think about pain.. or how hard your going to get hit. Take the damn punch. Someone could have a good chin but no heart. Some people don't have either. If you don't have a chin then you will find out about your heart. But it's confusing.. Look...... i don't even know WTF im talking about.. lol This is confusing if you come to think of it.

Comment

Get someone with good power to whack you their hardest on it.

Comment

You'll find out soon enough if you good enough to move up the ladder....

Comment

i personally think i have a very good chin, based mainly on the fact that ive never even been made dizzy by a punch, and ive been hit flush on the chin by a heavyweight.

Comment

Ive only been rocked once when i was sparring someone much heavier than me and i got hit w/ a counter right hand i never seen coming,i go a lil dizzy but i was aight it was nuthin major.Other than that ive never been rocked dizzy or anythin in a street fight or boxing match.

Comment

i know i dont have a good chin. maybe average but not good. i remember getting hit in sparring and then it was like i was on acid after that. everything was slo-mo and i did a nice counter when i was stunned but its scary knowing i can be in la-la land like that if i get caught. at the time i was a newb and going against someone really good.

but once in a street fight i got sucker, punched, taken down, ground and pounded.. and i just got up like he wasnt even on top of me and then grabbed his collar and threw a right uppercut at his dome. it broke my hand and rocked him, he rolled backwards, then i kicked him in the face with my right toe with shoes on. i got hit a ****load but i didnt get stunned at all, i was calm and relaxed the whole time. i drank 2 40s of OE HG before that tho
                  Last edited by opethdrums; 04-21-2006, 11:39 AM.

Comment

I can honestly say that I have never been KOed in a fight but I have gotten hit to the point where I heard my jaw crunch. I guess I wasn't biting down hard enough. When I was new to boxing, they put me in with a kid that kicked my ass durring sparring from the 1st to 4th round. He hit me with everything because although I was stronger and caught him a few times, he was faster and more experienced. I wish that he would have KOed me or at least rocked me so that I wouldn't have fought back as hard. Instead, he just proceeded to whip my ass!

Comment

Working...
                    X