Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Marquez Holds Presser, Says He May Retire

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No should at least one more fight and when he enters the ring his fans will know its his last bout, at least people can see for themselves and get used to the idea.
    His retirement talk came suddenly. If he says next fight will be my last, at least people will know and have been forewarned.

Comment

Pac was gentleman enough to give Marquez a rematch so its only fair Marquez treats him the same way. I suggest Marquez let's pac wait 4 years for a rematch. When Marquez KO's Pacquiao again he will still owe him another rematch so he can make Manny wait another 3 years. This sound familiar to anyone?

Comment

Juan Manuel Marquez vs. Brandon Rios 140 lbs. fight in Mexico as a farewell fight/possible passing of the torch.

Comment

Considering how he's obsessed with a win vs Pac, I would retire too. That way Pac will never get a chance to beat him after this win . But to me I think that would be a dumb move by him. Marquez should pursue a fifth fight with Pac for the money and retire. A fifth fight would net him like 20mills at 50/50. That's good retirement money right there. You fight for money and when you get to a stage where you have a chance to make the jackpot and you just abandon it...doesn't make sense to me.

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
            becuase hes on fire right now ..becuase there were so many what ifs in the 4rth fight..becuase pac is worthy of a rematch..becuase pac gave him one , so he should do the same..becuase it was a damn good fight ..bacause it's intriguing ..how's that?

that if he walks away from all this , it would mean he's not willing to take risk againts pac again..thats why i cant respect it...
            1. He's on fire right now but if his head ain't in the game anymore then you will be beaten by lesser guys.
            2. In the ring like in everyday life there is always what ifs, at the end of the day Pacquiao was knocked out!
            3. He is worthy, but what does that mean?
            4. He gave him a rematch 4 years after the first fight, then 3 years after that! And the only reason he got it was because they couldn't find any body else to fight and it would make Arum money, don't think it was anything about honour!
            5. It would be a damn good fight and I would watch it but it's not intriguing.

At the end of the day you have to retire sometime, why not after finally getting retribution?

Comment

He is 40 years old and given his entire life to the sport. He should go out on top,nothing else to prove. One of my faves and an all-time great.

Comment

I wouldn't mind seeing a fifth fight in Mexico's estadio Azteca for his final fight. These should be the terms

1.] 50/50 split because we all know they won't let Marquez get the bigger share

2.] They both take tests

3.] Since Marquez was man enough and faced Pac at 143 and then 147 catch weight it should now be at 138. For all the marbles lets see the brave Pacquiao fight Marquez at 138, well see how that works for him.

If Pac doesn't take the fight at 138 he ducking for sure

Comment

Marquez AND Pac should retire. Both have nothing else to prove. Marquez finally got his white whale and Manny has his 8 titles in 8 divisions. Sure Pac got knocked out in his last fight but he isn't the first ATG that got KO'ed in his last fight.

BTW, I'm surprised that Marquez still has bruises. Pac must've really hit him HARD in the fight last week. Cotto looked like shit after his fight with Manny but 5 days later he looked completely normal.

Comment

That Tecate girl on the left.....

Comment

It's going to be hard to turn down all that money for a 5th PAC fight, I mean it'll be his biggest payday ever

Comment

Working...
                      X