No announcement yet.

Sergio Martinez VS Canelo Alvarez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigAlexSand View Post
    I see this fight a high risk and high reward for both fights. If Canelo would win he beat the middle weight king. If Sergio were to win, he shows age is still not a factor for him.
    Im personally a fan of both fighters, but if Canelo where to Connect, it could make Sergio Sleep. Canelo has the speed Chavez Jr, doesn't have, the same power, and good boxing ability.

I do believe Sergio is contemplating that fight because a fight with Floyd is not in his Cards!
    Dont know about comparitively equal punching power to JCC Jr but p4p even. JCC is a monster at middleweight power wise not skillwise.

Comment

Originally posted by julian45 View Post
      He is now, even on your list. Most people that are not in some la la land about Pac and Floyd have Martinez or Ward as 1 or 2 either way. Martinez beats the wheels off Canelo. Canelo has yet to beat a top 154 pounder how the hell is going to fight the Middle weight champion of the world and top P4P guy, this is a tune up for Martinez as he tries to get a shot at Mayweather
      Canelo has caught on with a lot of posters here and I was supporting him while others were calling him a hype job over the last year. I definitely think that Canelo is a top level talent but he hasn't faced legit jmw comp, not his fault but his promoters are doing him an injustice by what they are doing.

Martinez has the experience and intangibles to provide a look that Canelo has never seen and once he starts to eat those lefts, he is going to go into shock. He has never seen the power, will or diversity that Martinez possesses. Canelo is a warrior and he will go out on his shield but that is exactly what will happen.......he will end up flat on his back.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Grimm
        sergio needs to go ahead and fight golokvin and get ko'd

he might lose to canelo as well

Comment

Canelo has the potential to beat Martinez but if they fought today I'd have to favor Martinez.

Comment

Sergio Martinez without a doubt in my mind. Saul hasn't beat any top level opposition while Sergio Martinez is taking the hardest fights that he can take. Martinez knocks him out in 6

Comment

This might shock and amaze you, but Canelo Alvarez is going to knock out Sergio Martinez.

Comment

Unless that knee injury slows him down Sergio should win. But the gap is closing....

Comment

I picked Martinez by KO. If Miguel Cotto's brother hurt Canelo I could only imagine what Sergio would do if they were to fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Grimm
                    what's so funny? serigo martinez's body of work leaves A LOT to be desired he fought farmers in spain for like 10 years straight whilst ducking top comp......

he lost to margarito is 1-1 with williams got knocked down by macklin,chavez,pavlik and couldn't even beat cintron
                    When those fights come up, give me a shout.........I can always use some more points. "serigo martinez's body of work leaves A LOT to be desired he fought farmers in spain for like 10 years straight whilst ducking top comp"

Bro, at least spell his name correctly. I find it ironic that you talk about Sergio's level of comp when Canelo has over 40 wins and I'm not impressed by a single win on there really.

Last 8 opponents' records for each...I'll let you decide for yourself who has "Left A LOT to be desired" and I'm gonna refrain from responding to your ignorant comments in the last part of your post - I've embarrassed you enough as it is.

Canelo: 311-50-14

Martinez: 276-8-3
                    Last edited by mathed; 10-30-2012, 10:42 PM.

Comment

This is why I want Cotto to beat Trout. He'll be the best opponent for Canelo to face in May. If Canelo can beat Cotto then he should try Martinez or Floyd (like some have been saying) in September. Cotto is a good fighter with a good fanbase and I think Canelo can beat him. Hype up the fight a little more. Besides like someone pointed out earlier would GBP sacrifice their cash cow against Martinez? No, reason being is how do you go from fighting Josesito Lopez to fighting someone of Sergio's caliber? We're talking about a huge jump in class here.

Comment

Working...
                      X