This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which fighters did Lewis fight who was at the Top of their Game

i have read quite a few times on this forum where members claim Lennox Lewis resume is 2nd only to Muhammad Ali`s.. Who did Lewis fight who was "At the Top of their Game"

vitali klitschko..

Comment

Originally posted by T3dBundy View Post
      vitali klitschko..
      Yeah, I was going to say that as well

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
        i have read quite a few times on this forum where members claim Lennox Lewis resume is 2nd only to Muhammad Ali`s.. Who did Lewis fight who was "At the Top of their Game"
        Vitaly Klitschko. And it was a past prime version of Lewis that beat him. So that kills any argumant that Lewis couldn't beat a prime fighter. It's not Lewis fault that Bowe avoided him. Add David Tua and Michael Grant too. Grant was unbeaten and considered a good shot to upset Lewis at the time. It's easy to forget that now.Lewis fought who he could. And Lewis wasn't in his prime for either Holyfield or Tyson either.

Comment

Lewis fought a few fighters that were near the top of their game:

Frank Bruno
          Oliver McCall (first time out)
          Ray Mercer
          Shannon Briggs
          Michael Grant
          Francois Botha
          Hashim Rahman

Problem is non were particularly decent heavyweights in a hall of fame sense and two of the above knocked Lewis spark out!!!

Sadly Lewis missed peak Holyfield, peak Bowe and peak Ibeabuchi. His resume would be so much stronger for wins over these!

Comment

Originally posted by Sugarj View Post
            Lewis fought a few fighters that were near the top of their game:

Frank Bruno
            Oliver McCall (first time out)
            Ray Mercer
            Shannon Briggs
            Michael Grant
            Francois Botha
            Hashim Rahman

Problem is non were particularly decent heavyweights in a hall of fame sense and two of the above knocked Lewis spark out!!!

Sadly Lewis missed peak Holyfield, peak Bowe and peak Ibeabuchi. His resume would be so much stronger for wins over these!
            If he could beat them and that's a big if, don't think he would be capable of beating any of them at the time of their primes.

Comment

He is a top ten AT with a strong resume,no need for hate threads like this or threads about how he was the 'greatest heavyweight of all time'

its truly pathetic

Comment

Vitali Klitschko
                Michael Grant
                Frank Bruno
                David Tua
                Zeljko Mavrovic
                Gary Mason
                Henry Akinwande

Comment

Originally posted by Dubstep Demon View Post
                  He is a top ten AT with a strong resume,no need for hate threads like this or threads about how he was the 'greatest heavyweight of all time'

its truly pathetic
                  I, for one, am not a Lewis hater. I just wasn't that impressed with him while he was fighting and time hasn't changed that opinion.

Lewis an excellent fighter; definitely a HOF fighter and I think he and Holyfield will be remembered as being the best Heavy's of the 1990s. He is definitely a TOP 20 Heavyweight. I think that he barely cracks the TOP 10. He definitely does not deserve to be considered as one of the ATGs.

Johnson
                  Dempsey
                  Louis
                  Marciano
                  Liston
                  Ali
                  Frazier
                  Foreman
                  Holmes

are, IMO, above him.

Now being in the TOP 20 or "barely cracking the TOP 10" does not mean that Lewis is a bum.

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
                    Hasim Rahman - first fight
                    Oliver McCall - first fight
                    Vitali - fight was stopped prematurely Lennox refused rematch

Every big name on his resume was shot or far past prime.

Comment

Working...
                    X