Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is Lionel Messi the best footballer in the world.... better than ronaldo etc.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bonghole Jr View Post
    there is absolutely no way messi touches ronaldo until he wins a world cup, what ronaldo did in the 02 world cup sealed it, he is the best attacker hands down, he hands down won that game for us vs germany, he won the game alone, no one helped him, ronaldo scored 2 goals by himself to give us the victory. U can say messi has the potential to be better than ronaldo but to say he is better than ronaldo right now is just being a messi homer. And plz who cares bout league titles, they mean ****, world cups is what means something. They come around every 4 years. If u cant win when it counts u suck, wayne rooney is an example of someone who cant win when it counts.
    **** you talkin bout. IN that final I clearly remember Rivaldo's assist and the shot which was saved by the keeper which Ronaldo poached in. NOthing special bout that, he's an amazing finisher and did his job. League titles mean consistency, something Ronaldo only had for about two years and even then wasn't good enough to topple Madrid or Juve. World Cups ain't everything, alot of the best players in the world have never won it. Cruyff, Di Stefano, Zico, Baggio, Ronaldinho was best in the world in 06 and didn't win, same for ROnaldo in 98, and Eusebio in 66. World Cups mean a great team won, but it's too short a time to effectively critique a footballers skills. League does this much better because it's over the the course of 9 months, and you get to see how teams and players respond to changes in the table. Also at the end of the day Messi's stats in 08/09 & 09/10 are better than Ronaldo's.

Messi
    09-38 goals & 18 assists
    10-47 goals & 14 assists
    Ronaldo
    97-47 goals & 3 assists
    98-34 goals & 0 assists

Comment

I think the argument is bordering the horse **** line.

Because they're both great in their own way.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

**** you talkin bout. IN that final I clearly remember Rivaldo's assist and the shot which was saved by the keeper which Ronaldo poached in. NOthing special bout that, he's an amazing finisher and did his job. League titles mean consistency, something Ronaldo only had for about two years and even then wasn't good enough to topple Madrid or Juve. World Cups ain't everything, alot of the best players in the world have never won it. Cruyff, Di Stefano, Zico, Baggio, Ronaldinho was best in the world in 06 and didn't win, same for ROnaldo in 98, and Eusebio in 66. World Cups mean a great team won, but it's too short a time to effectively critique a footballers skills. League does this much better because it's over the the course of 9 months, and you get to see how teams and players respond to changes in the table. Also at the end of the day Messi's stats in 08/09 & 09/10 are better than Ronaldo's.
        **** am i talkin bout? the **** u talkin bout!, yea rivaldo might of assisted it, but who got us in the world cup in the first place? ronaldo did, he was our leading goal scorer and our leader. Messi isnt in ronaldos league yet, maybe if he does something in this up coming world cup in a month we can talk bout lettin him in ronaldos league.

Comment

messi is better then ronaldo atleast this year anyway...

Comment

Lol at the idiot saying the WC means anything to judge a footballer. It only happens ones in 4 year if you have a bad day its over. And messis team isnt argentina its barcelona so I doubt we will see anything special from messi.

Comment

Originally posted by project xxx1 View Post
              messi is in his own league,no one come close right now
              Dunno why people say this...

Ronaldo and Messi are the top 2 in the world...without a doubt, messi has had a better season then ronaldo .... ronaldo was plagued with injuries this year and still managed to score 32 goals in 33 games....

People are just focusing on Messi because barca got further in the champions league and got to see him more etc....

Ronaldo had scored 7 goals in 6 games in europe....

Messi has had the better year and will get player of the year....But dont be suprised if Ronaldo wins it next year

Comment

Messi is god in football at the moment. Man has insane skills and ability with the ball, great player. Has to be Messi> Ronaldo > Rooney

Comment

Messi is the best right now, Ronaldo a close 2nd.

Both great at dribbling past defenders, scoring goals and creating goals.
                  Ronaldo is a touch faster, is taller (was gonna say better at heading but Messi is good too, but ronaldo can out jump defenders if u know what i mean) and Messi has better control, and can change direction faster which can leave 2 defenders helpless.

Both amazing players, i think Messi is the better all rounder. But i think Ronaldo will have the better world cup. not becasue he is a better player but because Maradonna is a ****wit. He's gonna ruin this world cup for Argentina. If they win it, Messi will have to ignore his intructions and take care of business himself lol.

thats my opinion on it anyway.

Comment

Tough questions what I will say is

Messi and Ronaldo are head and shoulders above anyone else, anyone who suggests different players are just bitter and biased. These 2 are truly magnificent players, I doubt you will get other players as good for another 10-15 players.

It may be fair to say one of those two can go down as the greatest of all time wheh their career ends

Comment

Originally posted by Casual View Post
                      Messi is god in football at the moment. Man has insane skills and ability with the ball, great player. Has to be Messi> Ronaldo > Rooney
                      lol

Fabregas and drogba were better this season than rooney, just because rooney is english the press love him up.

Fab and Drog had a far bigger say in games and are not poachers like rooney was, their goal/assist ratio per game is also better. so game performance they take it as they do with the stats.

I would say

Fab/Drog/Rooney/Xavi/Villa/Torres (when fit) are about par, hard to tell the difference in terms of who is better

(apologies if I missed anyone out, and yes I did leave iniesta out on purpose)

Comment

Working...
                      X