No announcement yet.

James Toney vs. Tony Thompson Not Done Yet

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• James Toney vs. Tony Thompson Not Done Yet

The forums were buzzing when James Toney (70-6-3, 43KOs) revealed duringThursday's televised VERSUS card that he would be fighting Tony Thompson (31-2, 19KOs) on a December date. Despite Toney's tidbit, BoxingScene.com was advised by Dan Goossen [who promotes both men] that a deal has not been reached for that fight. [details]

If it goes through, I think Toney will be getting his second best win at HW.

Comment

Tony Thompson is too big, tough and busy for little fat boy Toney

Thompson by wide UD

Comment

I figured that Toney was just talking out of his ass again. I can't imagine that fight happening in the US on 12/6.

Comment

Originally posted by WLAD OWNS View Post
          Tony Thompson is too big, tough and busy for little fat boy Toney

Thompson by wide UD
          you say that until he makes him look worse than your ****-erotic fantasy fighter wlad klit did.

Comment

This isn't surprising, I thought he was just throwing it out there because there was no official announcement or anything like that, December 6th would be a stupid date to put it on anyway.

Comment

This would be kind of an interesting matchup - I've been wondering how Thompson would do against some of the veteran heavyweights.

Comment

if toney beats thompson more convincingly than wlad did, what will that say about klitschko?

Comment

Originally posted by el guason456 View Post
                  if toney beats thompson more convincingly than wlad did, what will that say about klitschko?
                  Probaly that styles makes fights.

Comment

Originally posted by el guason456 View Post
                    What's not convincing about Wlad knocking out Thompson? He was actually counted out - seems convincing to me.

Comment

Working...
                    X