No announcement yet.

White Euro Ropes Standard?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White Euro Ropes Standard?

I see the top ring rope in the Abraham-Miranda II bout was white an snow.

Most German-based fights have all white ropes and corner pads.

I prefer the typical North American blue or red, simply because I find the white distracting if you're watching the fight at home or in the seats.

Any one else?

For some reason that **** irritates me too. Especially if the canvas is white as well.

Comment

Originally posted by natas206 View Post
      For some reason that **** irritates me too. Especially if the canvas is white as well.
      I think it just looks plain weird. The fighters look like they're in a cage.

Comment

Never paid attention to it. I was watching the boxing. Fighters are more focused, and tend to be able to block out bull**** that gives other people OCD.

Comment

i like the white.. if its a bloodfest then it really exaggerates the excitement Kind of gives contrast to the whole picture.. it looks sharper and clearer on tv.

Comment

Originally posted by Genman1988 View Post
            i like the white.. if its a bloodfest then it really exaggerates the excitement Kind of gives contrast to the whole picture.. it looks sharper and clearer on tv.
            I agree. I also liked the black canvas used in the Adamek-vs-Bell match.

Comment

Never cared much about rope colour, but for some reason I dislike white golves. It just looks as if the punch isn't as hard for some weird reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
                Never cared much about rope colour, but for some reason I dislike white golves. It just looks as if the punch isn't as hard for some weird reason.
                I think glove colour should have been Standardized a long time ago.

Comment

Working...
                X