David Haye vs Kubrat Pulev: Predictions and breakdown

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
    Pulev has a good defence
    It's actually not that good, he got tagged a lot by Ustinov and Dimitrenko who are both slow as molasses and telegraph their punches, luckily neither of them hit that hard with single shots. He's particularly vulnerable to straight and overhand rights

Comment

He's an inch taller than Haye.
      Size in regards to weight. I think Pulev is naturally bigger and Haye is a pumped up cruiserweight. Doesnt affect his punch power but natural strength may be Pulevs advantage and if its a rough tough battle Pulevs the guy you think would prefer it and can handle himself better wrestling and pushing in the clinches

Comment

Something that happened 10 years ago is clearly not relevant any more.

I don't see how Pulev could beat Haye. At worst, the fight will go as long as Ruiz, in reality it will go like it did against Chisora.

Haye's 1-2 will win this fight. Pulev has a good defence, but Haye will throw that vicious left jab and poke his head back from the get go. Throw the straight right that landed in the first 30 secs against Ruiz and the fight shouldn't go long. I could see Pulevs trainer throwing in the towel like Ruiz. I honestly think he'd be totally out of his depth.

Pulev has good workrate, but doesn't have tremendous power to go with it. And he's not really quick enough to land on Haye in my opinion. So unless he can make it into a dog-fight (which I would still favour Haye in) I don't see this going further than round 9.
        Yeah come on. Haye takes Wladimir, p4p. So Pulev is a walk in the park.

Comment

Originally posted by G22 View Post
          I was wrong in that fight but Chisora was on a losing streak and Pulev is all around a better fighter.
          Do we know if he is?

His two legit losses have come to better than Pulev has faced, and his best win (Helenius) is better than Dimitrenko and Ustinov

Pulev is better textbook boxer, but Chisora is definatlety the better inside fighter/brawler, which is probably the superior style to use against Haye. But still Haye held his own up close, even pushing Chisora around the ring at times and shoving him up against the ropes which I was a bit shocked by

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
            Do we know if he is?

His two legit losses have come to better than Pulev has faced, and his best win (Helenius) is better than Dimitrenko and Ustinov

Pulev is better textbook boxer, but Chisora is definatlety the better inside fighter/brawler, which is probably the superior style to use against Haye. But still Haye held his own up close, even pushing Chisora around the ring at times and shoving him up against the ropes which I was a bit shocked by
            Good point. Chisora is superior brawling and coming forward and Pulev is a better, textbook/cleaner boxer. The pressure fighter youd expect would do better vs Haye but the other side to that is when has Haye ever beaten a top textbook boxer.

I was surprised by Haye too in the Chisora fight. Physically he held his own in there and wasnt bullied. His speed carried him through with something to spare. If he was able to do something similar to Pulev Id have to accept that Haye is better than I thought and would have to reconsider his standing in the division. At the moment Im not entirely convinced when I see who he has fought and how he performed. I knew he would lose to Wvladimir & won money at the bookies for that but I was surprised and impresed the way he disposed of Derek even though I was disappointed with Chisora that night. I agree Ustinov and Dimitrenko doesnt prove that Pulev is the 3rd best heavyweight either.

Comment

It's actually not that good, he got tagged a lot by Ustinov and Dimitrenko who are both slow as molasses and telegraph their punches, luckily neither of them hit that hard with single shots. He's particularly vulnerable to straight and overhand rights
              I think he has a decent defense, not bad, not THAT good but it's ok. I saw some weaknesses with regards to the straight right - in my opinion haye's best shot. Which is why I said the 1-2 will be a big weapon in this fight.

Originally posted by G22 View Post
              Size in regards to weight. I think Pulev is naturally bigger and Haye is a pumped up cruiserweight. Doesnt affect his punch power but natural strength may be Pulevs advantage and if its a rough tough battle Pulevs the guy you think would prefer it and can handle himself better wrestling and pushing in the clinches
              Everyone has been saying that since he moved up. Didn't stop him from KOing solid guys like Chisora and Ruiz.

Comment

Do we know if he is?

Haye generally doesn't get enough credit for the Chisora fight on NSB. After Vitali a lot of people were saying Chisora put up such a good fight etc etc. But when Haye KOs him he's nothing but a bum.

Comment

People will be laughing so hard if Haye doesn't fight Pulev now.

Comment

Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
                    People will be laughing so hard if Haye doesn't fight Pulev now.
                    He's given an offer to Pulev, so if Pulev doesn't accept - what is he supposed to do?

Comment

He's given an offer to Pulev, so if Pulev doesn't accept - what is he supposed to do?
                      Fight the almighty Jovo Pudar

Comment

Working...
                      X