Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Don George-David Lopez Early ESPN FNF Results

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man it was f**king embarrassing how out of shape Lopez was. Dude had fat rolls overlapping his motherf**king trunks. Fighters that out of shape shouldn't even be allowed inside the ring.

Comment

any of you notice how guys aren't the same after they fight Sergio Martinez?

Cintron was never the same after Martinez KOed him, yeah I know it was a draw but any who actually saw the fight will know what I mean.

Paul Williams wasn't the same

Kelly Pavlik wasn't the same... or could have just been the booze

Dzinziruk looked shot after Martinez

Macklin didn't but McGirt stopped that before it got out of hand.

Barker's didn't take a lot of damage just a busted ear drum, he didn't get beat down.

Chavez's face was broken but who knows how he'll come back.

I know it didn't have anything to do with this thread but seeing Cintron's shot self just reminded he was never the same after Martinez.

Comment

Originally posted by nycsmooth View Post
        The fight inky went 10 rounds, so what's the "going into the 12th" ? Judges Hecko & McCarthy need their licenses pulled...I had it 4 Adrian, 7-3...Cintron is shot, enuff said...George will b ko'd, w/that no defense style, by any elite guy in his division, which is why Lopez was brought in, he can't punch...
        I meant going into the tenth. Just a mistype. My bad.

Comment

Originally posted by ddangerous View Post
          You're not alone. I had Granados up 1, maybe 2, rounds going into the 12th, although I thought he closed out much stronger than Cintron and deserved the nod. Cintron talking about fighting 5 more fights is a very bad idea. He looks terribly lethargic. His best years are long behind him.

I thought the second draw was worse TBH.
          This fight was very easy to score, Granados very clearly won 7 rounds and cintron only won 2 clearly. The other round, the 1st, was also a Granados round. This was an easy win for Granado, he won 4X as many rounds as Cintron. Im not sure how anyone can have it even remotely close, and it was only a 10 rounder

Comment

Originally posted by rey guey View Post
            any of you notice how guys aren't the same after they fight Sergio Martinez?

Cintron was never the same after Martinez KOed him, yeah I know it was a draw but any who actually saw the fight will know what I mean.

Paul Williams wasn't the same

Kelly Pavlik wasn't the same... or could have just been the booze

Dzinziruk looked shot after Martinez

Macklin didn't but McGirt stopped that before it got out of hand.

Barker's didn't take a lot of damage just a busted ear drum, he didn't get beat down.

Chavez's face was broken but who knows how he'll come back.

I know it didn't have anything to do with this thread but seeing Cintron's shot self just reminded he was never the same after Martinez.
            Chavez, macklin and Barker havent fought anybody decent since and never fought anybody before him either.

Dzin was mediocre coming off long layoffs and Pavlik wasnt the same after Hopkins. I can give you williams tho, he was messed up after that KO

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
              This fight was very easy to score, Granados very clearly won 7 rounds and cintron only won 2 clearly. The other round, the 1st, was also a Granados round. This was an easy win for Granado, he won 4X as many rounds as Cintron. Im not sure how anyone can have it even remotely close, and it was only a 10 rounder
              I meant going into the tenth. Just a mistype. My bad.
              Like I said, I thought Granados won the fight. I just didn't think it was some runaway. He was more aggressive, yes, but he was missing a lot. Cintron, when he was throwing, was more accurate with his punches. Still thought Granados won though.

Comment

Like I said, I thought Granados won the fight. I just didn't think it was some runaway. He was more aggressive, yes, but he was missing a lot. Cintron, when he was throwing, was more accurate with his punches. Still thought Granados won though.
                I'm not sure how you saw that, the rounds were very clear. Yea he missed alot but landed way more and with much better more effective punches. When cintron decided to throw, he usually landed werent even that good

Accuracy is a very misleading term. Once guy goes 20 of 100 and the other guy goes 12 of 40. Yea the latter had the better accuracy but was hit way more

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                  I'm not sure how you saw that, the rounds were very clear. Yea he missed alot but landed way more and with much better more effective punches. When cintron decided to throw, he usually landed werent even that good

Accuracy is a very misleading term. Once guy goes 20 of 100 and the other guy goes 12 of 40. Yea the latter had the better accuracy but was hit way more
                  This is a good point.

According to Compubox, they both landed 124 total punches, but Granados landed 17 more power shots, and Cintron landed twice as many jabs.

I feel like that kind of lends itself to what I'm saying: that Granados won, but not with some shutout. Just my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                  X