Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Don't Write Hattons comeback off just yet.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't Write Hattons comeback off just yet.

Now, by no means am I predicting how he would look or what he could achieve at this stage.

But i'm just saying, we can't write Ricky off just yet.

Erik Morales is a good example, he came back a couple of years ago and people were rubbishing him and writing him off "shot to **** he is, no gas tank left, no punch resistance"

He even went up a couple of divisions from where he used to fight, when he went in against Maidana people were calling it tant-amount to suicide, but in my opinion he beat Maidana. He then went on to claim a WBC strap, and put in a very good performance against Danny Garcia considering he was badly out of shape.

I mean it could go the same for Hatton, or it could go wrong. Point is we don't know yet, so if the guy does come back, I think we should just enjoy it for what it is, and who knows, maybe Hatton does have one last run left in the tank, and can give us some exciting nights.

I hope so anyway, boxing can always use characters like him, and i'd love to see how a decent version of Hatton matches up to Garcia, Maidana, Khan, hell even Morales.

Hatton was a come-forward, face first, body bashing brawler who's greatest assets were his punch durability, body work and inside fighting. It's his life outside of the ring that ended his career early with the constant blowing up in weight inbetween fights.

He looked gaunt at the Pacman weigh-in and wouldn't healthily make 140 anymore. 147 isn't a good division for Hatton at all and he'd be easy pickings for the top fighters.

I can understand why he wants to return after leaving on the back of the Pacman demolition. However, would he want to then re-retire on the back of defeat against someone like Kell Brook or Randall Bailey?

To compare Morales & Hatton is stupid.

One is an ATG who was once so good that even years past his prime he can still hang at the top of divisions. Where as the other has shown an incredibly dramatic decline and retired to focus on his health.

Comment

Everyone on here is an expert. Ha.

Ricky is a smart chap, and he was an accomplished fighter, regardless of the uneducated comments you read on this forum.

He’s still young, i believe he has plenty to offer and I’d love to see him back.

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
        Hatton was a come-forward, face first, body bashing brawler who's greatest assets were his punch durability, body work and inside fighting. It's his life outside of the ring that ended his career early with the constant blowing up in weight inbetween fights.

He looked gaunt at the Pacman weigh-in and wouldn't healthily make 140 anymore. 147 isn't a good division for Hatton at all and he'd be easy pickings for the top fighters.

I can understand why he wants to return after leaving on the back of the Pacman demolition. However, would he want to then re-retire on the back of defeat against someone like Kell Brook or Randall Bailey?

To compare Morales & Hatton is stupid.

One is an ATG who was once so good that even years past his prime he can still hang at the top of divisions. Where as the other has shown an incredibly dramatic decline and retired to focus on his health.
        All i'm saying is "wait and see"

if you disagree then fine, pick apart the "wait and see" argument and just decide right now.

But there will be egg on face if he does come back and looks half decent. And not just for you, but a lot of people

Comment

You are well versed in having egg on your face, are you not?

There will be no egg on my face if Hatton returns. He will look decent against the limited and specifically chosen fighters but once in the ring with a contender, he'll be in danger.

Comment

Who knows what the future holds for him i certainly dont own a crystal ball.

Comment

Im pretty much on the same page as D-Mize.
              I dont want to write him off, but I dont see it ending well for Ricky, but hopefully he proves me wrong and the time off manages to work in his favour.
              Boxing will do well for having him back, he always gets press and the casual fans will fire up once again and have a closer look at the scene if he comes back onto it.

I will be cheering him on but not spending a penny on any PPV if he tries to kick that shenanigans off.

Comment

He might be able to do a job at domestic level, but nothing more.

Comment

Keep him fighting in England against guys who can't punch and he can entertain his "fans"! In with top guys he will get hurt again, why can't anyone see that this guys reactions once he's hurt are not good and that doesn't go away! To rely on promotors, managers, trainers and especialyl the fighters themselves to make the right calls is at times scary!!! You'd think his "true" fans would want him to be safe and get on with his life!
                  But you know some fans just get "Fanatic" and only think of their association to a fighter instead of whats best for the fighter!
                  Maybe he needs to box to complete something in his life but to think he can compete on a high level is not thinking of his longevity. He already showed what he can do against high end fighters and he got wiped out badly! Ray

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
                    Keep him fighting in England against guys who can't punch and he can entertain his "fans"! In with top guys he will get hurt again, why can't anyone see that this guys reactions once he's hurt are not good and that doesn't go away! To rely on promotors, managers, trainers and especialyl the fighters themselves to make the right calls is at times scary!!! You'd think his "true" fans would want him to be safe and get on with his life!
                    But you know some fans just get "Fanatic" and only think of their association to a fighter instead of whats best for the fighter!
                    Maybe he needs to box to complete something in his life but to think he can compete on a high level is not thinking of his longevity. He already showed what he can do against high end fighters and he got wiped out badly! Ray
                    Hatton had his time and He was overrated for wrestleling his win against Tszu. His best fight was against Mayweather and He lost that fight. Then He lived the snowlife for a few years. I would say that a Hatton comeback its a product of his imagination and after fighting a few fights He will go back to his self.

Comment

Working...
                    X