No announcement yet.

Usyk will outclass AJ once he moves up to Heavyweight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
    Usyk was hurt very bad by Gassiev in his last fight... Kind of makes me question his punch resistance

Unfortunately, Gassiev was mentally defeated before the start of the fight and didn't capitalize when he had the chance. Oh well

I think Bellew has a shot because he actually believes he can win and won't make the same mistake Gassiev did

Joshua and Wilder will destroy Usyk like Tyson did spinks
    i dont remember this happening ?

Comment

Originally posted by RyanjLarose View Post
      i dont remember this happening ?
      I forget the round, but It was a big overhand right that landed clean. Usyk was visibly hurt and reached out to clinch despite the ref telling them to break, Usyk maintained the clinch... Not only did Gassiev not break the clinch, but after they were separated, he didn't follow-up and went right back to punch inactivity. In other words, he blew it

Comment

If I was Usyk I'd push for that April shot at AJ. Taking time to add size could be counter-productive and it would be a step backwards to face a Whyte level opponent just to get used to being against bigger guys. He's already had experience beating Joyce and other HWs in the ams and he'll likely have good HW sparring partners. Holyfield added things to his game and improved after going to HW but he was 26, Usyk will be 32. Not saying he can't change at all but he looks to be having his career peak and should go for the big one sooner rather than later.

Comment

Working...
        X