Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

At this point, has Canelo redeemed and/or further solidified his status as elite?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
    I see a lot of where you are coming from but I stop short of not calling him elite. I think he is elite but I don't consider him a truly generational talent. We probably rate him similarly just terminology is different.

I think you've got to look at a number of things. IMO he has excellent skills, some really good tools but he's never separated himself when in with a fellow elite. Like many I felt Lara beat him and like the majority I felt GGG beat him twice. I also scored Trout as a winner over him but he's improved a lot since then. That's an arguable 5 loss fighter (consensus would say 3 or 4) and I know a lot of posters think 1 loss is terrible and 2 means you suck and should retire.

The PED tests also have to factor in because in the one fight AFTER that there's a large amount of debate (i.e the majority) as to whether he even won and that's against an aging GGG who most Canelo backers on this forum insisted was a terrible fighter even in his prime.

So yeah if GGG was so bad how did Canelo require a gift draw and disputed decision against an old version of him? I doubt those people are going to start giving GGG props now.

Your opinion means nothing.

You are a hater without knowledge of boxing.

You can say your shi.t, for here and there.

But most of fighters and trainers see in Canelo agreat talent of this generation and a fighter that surely will be in the Hall of Fame.

He have only 28 years and a very good career.

Have the respect of more of the people of boxing, not stupid fans.

Chavez.
    Marquez.
    Ward.
    The Mayweather Family.
    The same GGG and Abel Sanchez said that he was a great champ.
    Morales.
    Spence.
    Thurman.
    Lomachenko said that Nelo is the better body puncher in the game.

Well...

Nelo is a top-5 P4P.

And this is the truth...

Comment

I don't know about Elite,many said here he has lost against Mayweather,arguably Lara,many think an aging Golovkin won, but i can tell you this, i rate him and he has earned my respect for sure, for me he has redeemed himself, said what he was going to do and he backed it up!
      so he gets major props on that for me
      And he is getting better too.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexican_Puppet View Post
        Your opinion means nothing.

You are a hater without knowledge of boxing.

You can say your shi.t, for here and there.

But most of fighters and trainers see in Canelo agreat talent of this generation and a fighter that surely will be in the Hall of Fame.

He have only 28 years and a very good career.

Have the respect of more of the people of boxing, not stupid fans.

Chavez.
        Marquez.
        Ward.
        The Mayweather Family.
        The same GGG and Abel Sanchez said that he was a great champ.
        Morales.
        Spence.
        Thurman.
        Lomachenko said that Nelo is the better body puncher in the game.

Well...

Nelo is a top-5 P4P.

And this is the truth...
        Your opinion means less than nothing. I just took a turd that knows more about Boxing than you. You are seen as a joke here. An overly patriotic cliched clown who's incredibly predictable.

You are a whiny little ***** who cries his little eyes out when someone doesn't suck off a Mexican fighter. You have ZERO constructive points or adult debates you always try and insult their intelligence when they have a balanced, more objective view than your overly nationalistic view.

Your gig is up. You are a CASUAL Boxing fan. You watch Boxing ONLY for Mexican fighters no matter how much you pretend "I like Lara I like Loma I like Rigo". You ONLY come around when there's a fight involving a Mexican and you always defend them regardless if it's failing drug tests or winning a close, debatable decision. It's obvious what you'll say and EVERYBODY knows exactly what your post will say before reading it. You'll dismiss that but it's true. Trust me.

Well, the Heavyweight's are up this weekend so your little crybaby midget ass will crawl back under a rock I'm sure and the forum will be just a little better off with the loss of your pathetic presence.

Comment

i'd like to see Canelo fight either Charlo or Jacobs

Comment

Your opinion means less than nothing. I just took a turd that knows more about Boxing than you. You are seen as a joke here. An overly patriotic cliched clown who's incredibly predictable.

You are a whiny little ***** who cries his little eyes out when someone doesn't suck off a Mexican fighter. You have ZERO constructive points or adult debates you always try and insult their intelligence when they have a balanced, more objective view than your overly nationalistic view.

Your gig is up. You are a CASUAL Boxing fan. You watch Boxing ONLY for Mexican fighters no matter how much you pretend "I like Lara I like Loma I like Rigo". You ONLY come around when there's a fight involving a Mexican and you always defend them regardless if it's failing drug tests or winning a close, debatable decision. It's obvious what you'll say and EVERYBODY knows exactly what your post will say before reading it. You'll dismiss that but it's true. Trust me.

Well, the Heavyweight's are up this weekend so your little crybaby midget ass will crawl back under a rock I'm sure and the forum will be just a little better off with the loss of your pathetic presence.

Jajajajaja you mad bro.

I have 17 years watching boxing.

I'm not nationalist, I said that Sor won that close fight against Estrada.

I said that the Lara vs Nelo fight was a draw.

You are pathetic, you are a hater of mexican boxing but u said "hey I'm a fan of Márquez bla bla bla", hypocrite. Nothing more.

Midget?

Boxing is about skills, art, not about height or weight.

You are mental midget...

And Canelo is a élite Fighter and the real boxing world knows this.

Comment

Jajajajaja you mad bro.

I have 17 years watching boxing.

I'm not nationalist, I said that Sor won that close fight against Estrada.

I said that the Lara vs Nelo fight was a draw.

You are pathetic, you are a hater of mexican boxing but u said "hey I'm a fan of Márquez bla bla bla", hypocrite. Nothing more.

Midget?

Boxing is about skills, art, not about height or weight.

You are mental midget...

And Canelo is a élite Fighter and the real boxing world knows this.
              A couple of things. I realize your English sucks but in the post you cried to me at I said "CANELO IS AN ELITE FIGHTER" you ****ing moron. Point me to me saying I didn't think he was little man.

You've watched Boxing less than me then. I've been watching 26 years. GTFOH outta here with your 17 years like that makes you somebody. You are nobody but a clown and a huge crybaby.

You didn't. I just checked your thread after Estrada-SSR and you created TWO threads crying about the verdict. One crying about a wide score and the other saying that it was a draw. I actually think Estrada won when I was at the fight and then watched on TV and had a draw yet respect anybody that had it 115-113 or 114-114. FOH like a "draw" makes you partial.

You are a nationalist. Look at your post history and your thread history. It's all designed to suck off the Mexican fighters. I like ALL Boxing and have watched fights in many countries and own fights from many countries (my archive has over 20,000 fights from around the world stretching back over 100 years since I started collecting in the mid 90s) and have read hundreds of books from all periods and backgrounds so don't tell me which countries I do and don't like. Boxing is an individual sport to me and other true Boxing fans. To you it's a nationalistic sport and because you realize how far Mexico is behind USA historically you lump them in as the same country.
              Last edited by chrisJS; 09-20-2018, 01:03 PM.

Comment

A couple of things. I realize your English sucks but in the post you cried to me at I said "CANELO IS AN ELITE FIGHTER" you ****ing moron. Point me to me saying I didn't think he was little man.

You've watched Boxing less than me then. I've been watching 26 years. GTFOH outta here with your 17 years like that makes you somebody. You are nobody but a clown and a huge crybaby.

You didn't. I just checked your thread after Estrada-SSR and you created TWO threads crying about the verdict. One crying about a wide score and the other saying that it was a draw. I actually think Estrada won when I was at the fight and then watched on TV and had a draw yet respect anybody that had it 115-113 or 114-114. FOH like a "draw" makes you partial.

You are a nationalist. Look at your post history and your thread history. It's all designed to suck off the Mexican fighters.

Blah blah blah.

You mad bro, you are my fan.

And neeeeew!

Comment

I was very high on him before the PEDs, lost a lot of respect after the PEDs, but feel that he earned a lot of it back. That was a damn good fight and an impressive showing.

Comment

Blah blah blah.

You mad bro, you are my fan.

And neeeeew!
                    Not remotely. I typed it laughing and your response is your way of saying "You got me". I exposed you.

That's why you always cyber stalk me here. I don't think I quote any of your posts because I don't even read them. I only see them when you start crying.

Now sit down little boy and move along quietly. 17 years LOL.

Comment

Not remotely. I typed it laughing and your response is your way of saying "You got me". I exposed you.

That's why you always cyber stalk me here. I don't think I quote any of your posts because I don't even read them. I only see them when you start crying.

Now sit down little boy and move along quietly. 17 years LOL.
                      Hahahaha you searching my posts hahahaha my fan #1.

You mad bro.

And neeeeew hahaha look, GGG took a lot of punishment and the new King is Canelo.

Cry baby, cry.

Comment

Working...
                      X