Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should boxing scorecards be displayed live?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I mean it won't change the results but it'll definitely show transparency.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieClutch View Post
      No. That would dictate the way fighters fight WAY too much, ala Trout vs Canelo
      I agree. You had a fight that Trout should have been winning. Open scoring is posted and he knows he's down, then he has to abandon his game plan to stand and fight and was beat up the last 6 rounds

Comment

Originally posted by buddyr View Post
        I agree. You had a fight that Trout should have been winning. Open scoring is posted and he knows he's down, then he has to abandon his game plan to stand and fight and was beat up the last 6 rounds
        plus if a guy knows 100% he's up in the cards, he's more likely to fake an injury if the opportunity presents itself. (feet tangle, accidental trip, can't continue...go to the cards!)

Comment

Originally posted by BufordTannen View Post
          No cause then guys will park the bus if they know they’ve won by the 10th round and just need to survive.
          Great point.

Comment

I would hate it personally, if a fighter definately knows he’s winning after 10 rounds say 7-3 he can intentionally get on his bike or minor exchange enough to not get KO’d last 2 rounds , no judge would give out 10-8 rounds if no knockdown occurred , just a 10-9 , then that seals the victory.If they don’t know the scoring it gives intrigue as some rounds could have gone either way on the buildup to the championship rounds .. just my 2¢

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
              plus if a guy knows 100% he's up in the cards, he's more likely to fake an injury if the opportunity presents itself. (feet tangle, accidental trip, can't continue...go to the cards!)
              Yep. Or leap out of the ring like Kermit Cintron. Can you imagine Cintron being ahead late in a fight, knowing it through public scoring, then jumping out of the ring again faking a neck injury?

Comment

Originally posted by buddyr View Post
                Yep. Or leap out of the ring like Kermit Cintron. Can you imagine Cintron being ahead late in a fight, knowing it through public scoring, then jumping out of the ring again faking a neck injury?
                imagine the stunts guys like Hopkins and Ward would pull with open scoring! Christ!

Comment

No it won't matter and it also effects the fighters. They did it for Canelo vs Trout if I'm not mistaking and I thought it effected Trout big time knowing he was doing despite boxing Canelo well and Canelo dropped him

You're not going to fix corruption in boxing, that BS goes way back to Jack Johnson days when he had to score KO's to win because Judges wouldn't give him Decisions based on the damn color of his skin

If you're a KO artist, you better score a KO and you most certainly Can't get out-slugged and backed up by the smaller Boxer/Puncher which lets be fair, that is what Canelo was able to do at times...BACK UP GGG and then expect the Judges to Reward You the fight at the end of it
                  Last edited by sicko; 09-16-2018, 02:26 PM.

Comment

to the people mentioning trout though, surely thats a moot point because if it was closed scoring the outcome would have been that he'd have got shut out anyway. even though people thought he was doing well, the judges didnt which is basically the argument for open scoring so it at least gives you the opportunity to change something. i dont see much wrong with having the scorecards read out at round 6, that shouldnt affect the drama too much.

Comment

Yeah sure, so 6 rounds in we already know a fighter is being set up to be robbed.

Comment

Working...
                      X