No announcement yet.

All the champions in each division should be mandated to fight each other

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
    It should be a rule that you HAVE to fight the other champs and then once a fighter gets all the titles then mandatories can come about...It should be the best vs the best period..the champs fight each other with the rest fight o get the right to challenge the true champ.
    ^^^^^^This.

Unifying divisions is a lost art. Which is why we are stuck with the Anthony Joshua 's of the world.
    Last edited by jri9d0; 10-21-2017, 04:22 PM.

Comment

I like the idea too but before it can ever be implemented then you are going to have to have an international jurisdictional/governing body in order to enforce it because all the sanctioning bodies have independent bylaws and constitutions.

Comment

Too many belts, too much corruption and other bullcrap. As nice as it sounds, it ain't happening.

Comment

I agree and not only should they fight each other unification bouts should be over 15 rounds.

Comment

It should be a rule that you HAVE to fight the other champs and then once a fighter gets all the titles then mandatories can come about...It should be the best vs the best period..the champs fight each other with the rest fight o get the right to challenge the true champ.
            Bad idea. Champs fighting champs all the time will ruin a boxers career. There needs to be tempo for picking fights.

Get injured, do a long recovery, then off against the best in the division? Get hurt in a war, right back into a war? Nah.

This will turn Boxing into MMA and look at what happened to Rousey. Ruined and suicidal.

Comment

Originally posted by jri9d0 View Post
              ^^^^^^This.

Unifying divisions is a lost art. Which is why we are stuck with the Anthony Joshua 's of the world.
              Hasn't AJ just unified three belts, and now has issues with mandatories to keep the belts, I bet you're one of these halfwits that thinks Wilder should vacate to avoid rematch ing Stiverne too.

Like it or not AJ is the elite guy in the division until probe joker wise, Parker and Wilder behind propping up the A level opposition with the rest of the pack really quite poor with the exception of Povetkin and Ortiz whom I refuse to credit due to being cheats along with Fury Browne, Briggs, Stiverne, Whyte, Wach who else I forgot, Thompson, Teper ... All confirmed cheaters.

Comment

Of course this is how it should be. It would be cool to see this happen every 2-4 years. That way fighters can also make other fights, but as soon as those belts start splitting we get a year of unifications, no mandatories, only unification fights or the belt becomes vacant. The vacant belt from who ever doesn't participate would go to the winner of the tournament.

The problem of course is getting the four main sanctioning to agree to this.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottWeiland View Post
                  Hasn't AJ just unified three belts, and now has issues with mandatories to keep the belts, I bet you're one of these halfwits that thinks Wilder should vacate to avoid rematch ing Stiverne too.

Like it or not AJ is the elite guy in the division until probe joker wise, Parker and Wilder behind propping up the A level opposition with the rest of the pack really quite poor with the exception of Povetkin and Ortiz whom I refuse to credit due to being cheats along with Fury Browne, Briggs, Stiverne, Whyte, Wach who else I forgot, Thompson, Teper ... All confirmed cheaters.
                  3 belts?? the IBO is not a legit title and no he didnt unify ****..he won 2 vacant belts

Comment

Lara fighting Gausha, instead of Charlo or Andrade is just so effing ridiculous.
                    It's not like this hasn't been happening for a long time.

Comment

3 belts?? the IBO is not a legit title and no he didnt unify ****..he won 2 vacant belts
                      Ok, but he's currently holding three belts no ?

What's your issue here, AJ is black or do you only root for Black Americans.

You're weird as fück, who the hell scrutinises over race when it comes to boxing.

Comment

Working...
                      X