Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo: Mayweather Jr. Looking To Fight in February

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this is probably an old article from a couple months ago that they are just now posting that's why the dates don't add up

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      Guererro in Feb/March then Pacquaio or Martinez in September. Let's hope that's the plan.

If Mayweather does that and wins he'll be the only fighter in history to win FOTY in 3 different decades. (If he wins it)
      Martinez isn't happening. If Sergio was realistic about actually being a 154 lb fighter, he'd move down in weight and put the pressure on Canelo or Floyd to fight him. He seems set to fight Murray in April and Chavez in September again, which is a COMPLTE WASTE of time for Sergio. Sergio has his own fish to fry at 160 against Golovkin, Pirog, Geale, and even someone like Quillin eventually.

I can already see the stupid scheduling conflict preventing Floyd-Pac. Floyd will return in February, Pac will fight April. Floyd will want to fight in September on Mexican Independence weekend, and Pac will want to fight in November or December probably. I can hear it now.

Floyd-Pac in September with a Mexican undercard would be massive though, especially if Pac beats Marquez and than probably destroys Rios in April.

Comment

The perfect scenario would be that Floyd fight RG in February and then the winner of Trout vs. Canelo in May.

Making Trout vs. Canelo a Mayweather eliminator would draw more interest in the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
          Trout said in an interview he's looking to fight in February as well because his wedding is on April 20th.
          I doubt Floyd fights Trout. I mean not even Austin Trout is saying it like it's realistic. Major props if he does, because it won't sell worth a damn, because no one is going to buy Mayweather-Trout, but it'd be a massive unnecessary risk.

Comment

The perfect scenario would be that Floyd fight RG in February and then the winner of Trout vs. Canelo in May.

Making Trout vs. Canelo a Mayweather eliminator would draw more interest in the fight.
            When was the last time he had 2 fights within 5 months of each other?

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
              He's saying Canelo-Trout in May, and the winner fights Floyd in September.

If Floyd fights in February, that'd be 8 and 9 months between his last three fights. So if he does fight in February, it's pretty realistic that he'll fight again in 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
                Typo. I meant September

February - Floyd vs. RG

May - Canelo vs. Trout

Sept. - Floyd vs. Canelo/Trout

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                  Martinez isn't happening. If Sergio was realistic about actually being a 154 lb fighter, he'd move down in weight and put the pressure on Canelo or Floyd to fight him. He seems set to fight Murray in April and Chavez in September again, which is a COMPLTE WASTE of time for Sergio. Sergio has his own fish to fry at 160 against Golovkin, Pirog, Geale, and even someone like Quillin eventually.

I can already see the stupid scheduling conflict preventing Floyd-Pac. Floyd will return in February, Pac will fight April. Floyd will want to fight in September on Mexican Independence weekend, and Pac will want to fight in November or December probably. I can hear it now.

Floyd-Pac in September with a Mexican undercard would be massive though, especially if Pac beats Marquez and than probably destroys Rios in April.
                  Two things you should give up on....

1. Sergio dropping his lineal title to fight the WBC golden goose or a part time 54 fighter

2. May-Pac happening

Comment

I don't know if Mayweather really wants to fight Canelo.

Comment

Typo. I meant September
                      Ideal yea, but there's no way he's fighting in Feb unless he announces his fight this week at Manny's. If he doesn't announce it this week, I don't see him fighting in Feb.

Comment

Working...
                      X