Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Youre a trainer, go back to a famous fight, what do u tell ur fighter between round?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Youre a trainer, go back to a famous fight, what do u tell ur fighter between round?

Cotto-Pac, I would tell Miguel after round 2 to stay outside the pocket and focus on counter punching. I would tell him not to stay too close and to watch the uppercuts, to not drop his hands, and to keep his punches short and compact.

JL Castillo-Mayweather II, I would tell Castillo after round 5 to keep using his jab and to stop letting Floyd get off first. I'd tell him to stay close in his chest and to not let up the pressure whatsoever.

Arguello-Pryor I, I would tell Alexis after round 5 to stay on the outside and keep Pryor at bay with the jab. I'd tell him to stop trying to fight him toe to toe and to throw more uppercuts. Basically to out box him.

There are tons more. When watching fights Im very attentive to what the corners are telling the fighters. Im always shouting out my own instructions when I get angry or excited during a fight. You guys?

tell marquez to tax that ass in the 11th and 12th, I would warn him that the fix is in and he needs to win via KO

Comment

if im in Floyds corner "keep doing whatever the fuck it is you doing,that mafucka cant fight anyway"

Comment

tell meldrick taylor to coast on the last round

Comment

Marquez after round 4....fight 3 with Pacquaio..."be more active when Manny just stands outside and bounces ...dont be reckless and wide with shots....get off first and you will create opportunities for counters, you are not gonna win a close decision with this guy, put some hurt on him!!!"

Cotto after round 9 when the fight was pretty close with Mayweather and he was building momentum......keep working your jab but you gotta hit him anywhere, the hips, kidney shoulder whatever, just keep him busy...you have to stay behind you jab...lefthook to the bdy and bring it back to the head..feint, and keep em against the ropes and muscle him on the ropes and work work work....in the middle of the ring he has the advantage...up close you do, if you get tired dont be too proud to clinch...smart pressure

Amir Khan.....vs Peterson.....sit donw own shots, and use a stiff jab....make him not wont to rush inside and make him pay with counters when he goes to for those left hooks to the body...if you use your jab you are making him think, which also gives you time to set up your shots....dont throw pitty pat combos...make him respect your jab and power like he does your speed and movement

Comment

Originally posted by larryx1950 View Post
            if im in Floyds corner "keep doing whatever the fuck it is you doing,that mafucka cant fight anyway"
            you already sound like a trainer....uncle roger lol

Comment

Originally posted by Mars Volta View Post
              tell meldrick taylor to coast on the last round
              I would probably be in Chavez's corner telling him to go for the kill, but If I was in Taylor's id tell him exactly that. "You have the fight won, run this last round. Stay Away from him."

Comment

pacquiao on pacquiao-marquez III. roach was telling his guy absolutely nothing, i was so damn and disappointed that time, because one advise could have change the entire fight..
                I would tell manny to constantly rotate and move to his right after and before his leaps and throws his lead left and right hook inorder for him to avoid the straight right hands of marquez which he couldnt see and been eating all night. he also did this when buboy told him, but only a couple of times and its was really successful..

Comment

Marquez - Pacquiao I

i'd tell Marquez, Pacquiao is a limited skilled 1 dimensional brawler,
                  move away from his straight left utilize the left uppercut/ Straight combo and counter punch him to death

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                    Marquez after round 4....fight 3 with Pacquaio..."be more active when Manny just stands outside and bounces ...dont be reckless and wide with shots....get off first and you will create opportunities for counters, you are not gonna win a close decision with this guy, put some hurt on him!!!"

Cotto after round 9 when the fight was pretty close with Mayweather and he was building momentum......keep working your jab but you gotta hit him anywhere, the hips, kidney shoulder whatever, just keep him busy...you have to stay behind you jab...lefthook to the bdy and bring it back to the head..feint, and keep em against the ropes and muscle him on the ropes and work work work....in the middle of the ring he has the advantage...up close you do, if you get tired dont be too proud to clinch...smart pressure

Amir Khan.....vs Peterson.....sit donw own shots, and use a stiff jab....make him not wont to rush inside and make him pay with counters when he goes to for those left hooks to the body...if you use your jab you are making him think, which also gives you time to set up your shots....dont throw pitty pat combos...make him respect your jab and power like he does your speed and movement
                    For Marquez, I agree about getting off first to draw Pacquiao in and create the counter opportunities. Id tell him to be more active, and to definitely throw more uppercuts, Pac seems to always be caught with them and when Marquez threw them, he pretty much always landed. Id also tell him to come on extra strong in the last 2 rounds to ensure he locks in the victory. I dont know about telling him to go for the KO. He'll get reckless and Pac is very good at exposing that, but I'd tell him he is more than capable of dominating the entire fight, so landed big shots over and over from a composed pace would be the better option IMO.

For Cotto, I pretty much agree with everything you said. Only thing I'd add is when he clinches, he needs to impose his size and strength and after tying him up he needs to literally sumo push him back into the ropes and start punching when he gets there.

As for Khan, I agree as well, but he should've stayed on the outside, jab more, and keep moving side to side as opposed to trying to land flashy combos and sitting on the ropes letting Peterson hit him. He definitely had the tools to outbox Peterson but chose to fight him close and that made the difference.

Comment

Working...
                    X