Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So What's in Store for Timothy Bradley this Year?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
    Watch out dude, you might get flamed out the ass. This is the same thing I said on one of my threads and people were whining like no other. Who's REALLY there for Bradley? Would you rather rematch Abregu and grab some $$ or keep inactive being obsessed with a Pacquiao fight?
    I wouldn't have a problem with it. Look at Bernard Hopkins career. He fought guys like Robert Allen and Antwun Echols multiple times to stay busy. I love the fact that he stood up to Arum and rejected the Peterson rematch in December but at this point, we're pushing almost a year of inactivity for a fighter in his prime.

He needs to stay active, be on TV and string together a few more wins before people really stop giving a damn about him.

Comment

Maybe Cotto?

I read somewhere Bradley could make 154? May have made that up.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
        I wouldn't have a problem with it. Look at Bernard Hopkins career. He fought guys like Robert Allen and Antwun Echols multiple times to stay busy. I love the fact that he stood up to Arum and rejected the Peterson rematch in December but at this point, we're pushing almost a year of inactivity for a fighter in his prime.

He needs to stay active, be on TV and string together a few more wins before people really stop giving a damn about him.
        Hopefully, bradley hasn't wasted any of the money he got for casamayor and manny becasue I can't see him getting anything soon.

I wonder if he regrets the TR signing.

Comment

Who cares?

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
            I honestly think the only thing waiting for Bradley in 2013 is further obscurity.

People really didn't care about him before the Pacquiao fight, after robbing the casual fans #1 fighter he became really disliked. It seems people really couldn't care less about Bradley.
            I think it was also the **** he started talking afterwards knowing he was gifted a decision.
            I agree with you guys.
            He's stuck, because he brings no real revenue and isnt exactly lighting up the world as entertainment and TV you cant afford to miss, but he is capable of ruining another Top Tank potential gravy train like Rios etc

Imagine he was with GBP...that would have been great for him....and us!
            Last edited by chav; 01-16-2013, 03:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post

This was exactly my point. Maybe Uncle Bob will put him on time out even longer for standing up to him. Better stay busy and try to get on people's good side or bad side (maybe they will want to see you lose) by staying busy than staying irrelevant.
              Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
              Hopefully, bradley hasn't wasted any of the money he got for casamayor and manny becasue I can't see him getting anything soon.

I would say so. A guy who doesnt care about his career and just wants money wouldnt care but I don't think this is the case with Bradley.

Comment

Originally posted by chav View Post
                I agree with you guys.
                He's stuck, because he brings no real revenue and isnt exactly lighting up the world as entertainment and TV you cant afford to miss, but he is capable of ruining another Top Tank potential gravy train like Rios etc

Imagine he was with GBP...that would have been great for him....and us!
                Would you take multiple fights (with GBP) for possible and possibly make millions while being relevant or take a couple of fights for a few million dollars than just go into complete obscurity?

Comment

Shoulda stayed with Duva, beat up Khan & kept active. Instead he chose arum, got a gift & he's being blamed for it like Timothy Bradley has the power to do anything outside a boxing ring. Poor guy, got the wrong end of the shaft.

Comment

This was exactly my point. Maybe Uncle Bob will put him on time out even longer for standing up to him. Better stay busy and try to get on people's good side or bad side (maybe they will want to see you lose) by staying busy than staying irrelevant.

I would say so. A guy who doesnt care about his career and just wants money wouldnt care but I don't think this is the case with Bradley.
                    First off, shine up my e-guap because Mikey is comin for Salido's ass. Gonna be a good fight.

Second, I'm big on fighters getting as much as they can because this is their job. But I think Bradley has to be upset at the way he is getting treated. He was an innocent pawn in ARum's BS and he is getting the short end.

He's like the janitor that stumbled upon Watergate-everyone is doing ok except him.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post

He's made $6 mill for his two fights on TR ($1 for Casa, $5 for Manny)

It would probably take him 4-5 fights to get that much fighting the top guys at GBP. Didn't Berto get something like 1.6 to fight Guererro? So it's really tough to say how it affects him in the long run.

Comment

Working...
                      X