• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Probably the best movie I seen this year should get an Oscar nomination IMO

9/10

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartacus Sully View Post
      So ive seen this in other forums, and i feel its a great idea.

just take the last film you saw and rate it, you can do a X/10 or you can write a 5 page synopsis on the film, or both it dosnt matter, try to keep the spoilers to a minimum.

Today i watched:

The Cain Mutiny 8/10

the story is about a group of officers in the navy who get a new captain, the captain slowly starts to show signs of paranoia brought on by an inferiroty complex. while navigating through a hurrican it all becomes too much for the captain, seeing the captain at a loss of words and acting iradically the main officer takes control of the ship. the men involved in the munity are then tried before a navy court for mutiny, are they innocent? are they guilty? is the captain really crazy? nothings every really all that black and white guilty or innocent and the film does a great job of showing this.

great film, id reccomend it to anyone it was like a modern day munity on the bounty, which was also amazing. the acting of humphrey bogart was amazing and the story itself was quite good. the 3 officers involved in the munity wernt quite as impressive as bogart but they still did a wonderful job of supporting the story and the lawer representing the 3 men really wraped everything up and made you think. his preformance is almost on par with bogarts.
      As a huge Humphrey Bogart fan, I loved this movie. he did such a great job in this and his character was more complex than I ever guessed. It pretty much goes to show that older movies can sometimes be more surprising than modern ones. This was great storytelling. I couldn't believe the ending. Definitely one of my favorites.

However, for Bogart, nothing beats Treasure of the Sierra Madre. One of the best films of all time hands down.

Comment

• Hacksaw ridge. It was decent but nowhere near great as Saving Private Ryan like it was compared to.

Comment

• Originally posted by anthonydavid11 View Post
          As a huge Humphrey Bogart fan, I loved this movie. he did such a great job in this and his character was more complex than I ever guessed. It pretty much goes to show that older movies can sometimes be more surprising than modern ones. This was great storytelling. I couldn't believe the ending. Definitely one of my favorites.

However, for Bogart, nothing beats Treasure of the Sierra Madre. One of the best films of all time hands down.
          I recently watched "I died a thousand Deaths" which was a remake of High Sierra. Not a very good movie except for Jack Palance in the Bogartvrole. Palance was way more menacing at 6'4" than Bogart ever was.

Boagart was great in character roles in Casablanca, African Queen, Sierra Madre and Caine Mutiny for some examples but personally I never bought him as a tough guy in flicks such as Petrified Forest.

Comment

• Alien vs predator requiem, 3/10.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
              I recently watched "I died a thousand Deaths" which was a remake of High Sierra. Not a very good movie except for Jack Palance in the Bogartvrole. Palance was way more menacing at 6'4" than Bogart ever was.

Boagart was great in character roles in Casablanca, African Queen, Sierra Madre and Caine Mutiny for some examples but personally I never bought him as a tough guy in flicks such as Petrified Forest.
              You know, he came off a bit cartooney in Petrified Forest. It's not one of his best movies or even that great of a movie IMO. However, he was washed up from a lackluster career in the 20s and Leslie Howard swore he would not do the film without Bogart which gave Bogie a big break. Someone liked what he did in this film that got him bigger and better roles. However, like you, I didn't like the performance that much. I think Bogart played the part like he was told to do and what the script called for but it didn't come off that well to me either. And Palance was always menacing. They were two very different actors. Palance played the heel for most of his career and he was damn good at it, like Richard Boone. Bogart was definitely better at the character roles like you say. He played a great scumbag in The Roaring Twenties though or so I thought.

Comment

• Hell or High water. Pretty good.

Comment

• the fundamentals of caring 8/10

working in that field i thought i would give this film a try on netflix. real feel good film with good acting ( even selena gomez). worth watching for the lead actor and paul rudd

Comment

• 25th Hour - Very enjoyable. Edward Norton, solid as usual. Seymour Hoffman, just great. Rosario Dawson... Lordy have mercy. Odd film, very up/down.

Hannibal Rising - First film I ever couldn't finish. Enjoyed the first fifteen minutes, then the next half hour was AIDS epitomized on screen. Bleh!

Comment

• Originally posted by Chrismart View Post
                      Hell or High water. Pretty good.
                      I just watched this tonight because a friend recommended it. I was about to turn it off after 45 minutes and the finally it started to pick up a bit. It really wasn't until the last part of the movie before it got any good. Overall...I couldn't rate it better than a 6.8. I don't think there were really any good movies in 2016...they should cancel the awards this year because nothing was worthy of one. I started to watch Fences on Saturday night and turned it off after 1/2 an hour. Just a bunch of crap.

Comment

Working...
                      X