No announcement yet.

Whey Protein is a must to build/maintain muscle fast, avoid Commercial brands

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hectari View Post
    Do you take whey or ever have? I think the most cost efficient form of protein is EGGS.

The best source for testosterone rich protein is Steak obviously

The best tasting fish protein is Salmon hands down plus it is healthy with fish oil for brain, skin, hair and eyes.
    yeah, often take it. not got any at the moment though. just take it for convenience and cost. yeah i eat a lot of eggs too, meant to be goodfor testosterone too. and yeh salmons meant to be a great source of it.

Comment

After years of lifting and working out, I realized that supplementing Protein is a must.
      Tell that to Lou Ferrigno...he ate 150 grams of protein daily all from natural sources and weighed 270 lbs...no shakes.

I did shakes daily for years and then one day a huge bodybuilder dude told me he used to also and then stopped and nothing changed so I did the same and had the same results. Actually I feel better because because over-acidifying your body causes inflammation...acids burn.

The whole protein and supplement hype is nothing more than just that...be smart and don't buy into it.

Comment

Do you take whey or ever have? I think the most cost efficient form of protein is EGGS.

The best source for testosterone rich protein is Steak obviously

The best tasting fish protein is Salmon hands down plus it is healthy with fish oil for brain, skin, hair and eyes.
        You don't need to take Whey at all if you get enough protein from real food, but I understand what you're getting at. You need 1g of protein per lb of lean body mass especially if you're cutting. I try and get most of that from real food, but I weigh a lot whey helps you reach that. Creatine is a great supplement also, almost no side effects apart from water weight in the muscle (which is temporary) and you get so much out of it if you're a responder.

In terms of testosterone rich foods, there is no such things particularly it's foods rich in zinc and vitamin D that can help boost low test, but if you're a healthy male with a healthy diet you aren't going to see much benefit. I do love steak though and it helps me hit my macros. Tuna, eggs, Beans (pretty much all types), Oysters, Shellfish all do pretty much the same thing for your test if you are a healthy man.

Also ignore the brand, ignore grass fed etc. Look at the amino acid profile if you can. They tell's you the quality of the protein. Lots of whey sold no longer list their amino acid profile because they fill their products, basically they fill their proteins with aminos acids that are proteins but cheap ones that don't contribute to muscle growth (they are useful for maintaining intestine function and go to other organs but aren't used for growth etc).

Examples are Proline, it helps your immune system but doesn't contribute to muscle building and it's cheap to fill your bags of protein with. You will likely get plenty from other food sources as well. Glycine is another one, helps with hormone regulation but actually useless when it comes to muscle building. L-tryptophan is another that helps release growth hormone when you sleep, but you get such large amounts of it in a normal diet that it's useless in whey and useless above like 400mg but you might get anywhere between 1-10g in a batch of whey depending on brand.

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
          Tell that to Lou Ferrigno...he ate 150 grams of protein daily all from natural sources and weighed 270 lbs...no shakes.

I did shakes daily for years and then one day a huge bodybuilder dude told me he used to also and then stopped and nothing changed so I did the same and had the same results. Actually I feel better because because over-acidifying your body causes inflammation...acids burn.

The whole protein and supplement hype is nothing more than just that...be smart and don't buy into it.
          Lou took supplements and STEROIDS lol, he was taking dried milk powders that included whey come on man lol

Lou was taking a ton of vitamins and amino and protein tablets aka the horse pills they used to sell

Comment

Originally posted by Ryn0 View Post
            You don't need to take Whey at all if you get enough protein from real food, but I understand what you're getting at. You need 1g of protein per lb of lean body mass especially if you're cutting. I try and get most of that from real food, but I weigh a lot whey helps you reach that. Creatine is a great supplement also, almost no side effects apart from water weight in the muscle (which is temporary) and you get so much out of it if you're a responder.

In terms of testosterone rich foods, there is no such things particularly it's foods rich in zinc and vitamin D that can help boost low test, but if you're a healthy male with a healthy diet you aren't going to see much benefit. I do love steak though and it helps me hit my macros. Tuna, eggs, Beans (pretty much all types), Oysters, Shellfish all do pretty much the same thing for your test if you are a healthy man.

Also ignore the brand, ignore grass fed etc. Look at the amino acid profile if you can. They tell's you the quality of the protein. Lots of whey sold no longer list their amino acid profile because they fill their products, basically they fill their proteins with aminos acids that are proteins but cheap ones that don't contribute to muscle growth (they are useful for maintaining intestine function and go to other organs but aren't used for growth etc).

Examples are Proline, it helps your immune system but doesn't contribute to muscle building and it's cheap to fill your bags of protein with. You will likely get plenty from other food sources as well. Glycine is another one, helps with hormone regulation but actually useless when it comes to muscle building. L-tryptophan is another that helps release growth hormone when you sleep, but you get such large amounts of it in a normal diet that it's useless in whey and useless above like 400mg but you might get anywhere between 1-10g in a batch of whey depending on brand.
            Good reply man

Creatine is bad for me, and a few people, I developed kidney issues when taking Creatine and amino bulk powders, I had to go off all foods and vitamins and supps for 1 month! and wen ton a soup diet to relax my kidneys, if I continued on Creatine I would have had to get them removed. Turned out excess creatine turns into Creatinine which destroy the kidneys.

I dont take Whey often, only post workout, and once in the morning when I wake up.

I get most protein from foods, especially chicken boiled or backed with seasoning.

Another thing is some Chinese cheap Rices has lead, you have to rinse rice several times into its clear, if you dont rinse your rice you will get irritation in your intestines, thats why the cloudy stuff that comes off the rice is very bad most people dont know this.

I always look at the brand, Consumer reports lab tested all the commercial brands who had the amino profile and fancy words that a lot of people use and they had bad chemicals that can destroy your gut bacteria causing IBS and bowel diseases, many of these powders are contaminated with emulsifier that destroy gut permeability, and leads and dangerous toxins.

I only use grass fed, from legit sources, the info I got was from a doctor who sent in many of these proteins and knows about supplemental science, such as avoid Folic acid in b vitamins, and only use methylcoblimin b12 not the cheaper form.

You can have a great amino profile but thats defeated if you get bowel issues and have to take meds, I suggest avoiding the bad chemicals such as surcralose, soy lechin, carragean, etc.

Comment

Lou took supplements and STEROIDS lol, he was taking dried milk powders that included whey come on man lol

Lou was taking a ton of vitamins and amino and protein tablets aka the horse pills they used to sell

He took steroids obviously...but no...he admitted in an Ironman Magazine article years ago that although he endorsed whey protein and supplements for money...that he never actually used them.

Years ago I saw the article...and it's still pretty well known and often discussed on various boards. I tried to find the actual article...but it was a long time ago. But there are still lots of links out there if you search confirming it...people discussing this.

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.p...topic=123208.0

Comment

Good reply man

Creatine is bad for me, and a few people, I developed kidney issues when taking Creatine and amino bulk powders, I had to go off all foods and vitamins and supps for 1 month! and wen ton a soup diet to relax my kidneys, if I continued on Creatine I would have had to get them removed. Turned out excess creatine turns into Creatinine which destroy the kidneys.

I dont take Whey often, only post workout, and once in the morning when I wake up.

I get most protein from foods, especially chicken boiled or backed with seasoning.

Another thing is some Chinese cheap Rices has lead, you have to rinse rice several times into its clear, if you dont rinse your rice you will get irritation in your intestines, thats why the cloudy stuff that comes off the rice is very bad most people dont know this.

I always look at the brand, Consumer reports lab tested all the commercial brands who had the amino profile and fancy words that a lot of people use and they had bad chemicals that can destroy your gut bacteria causing IBS and bowel diseases, many of these powders are contaminated with emulsifier that destroy gut permeability, and leads and dangerous toxins.

I only use grass fed, from legit sources, the info I got was from a doctor who sent in many of these proteins and knows about supplemental science, such as avoid Folic acid in b vitamins, and only use methylcoblimin b12 not the cheaper form.

You can have a great amino profile but thats defeated if you get bowel issues and have to take meds, I suggest avoiding the bad chemicals such as surcralose, soy lechin, carragean, etc.
                1-2% of all Creatine turns into Creatinine, you are getting a pretty healthy dose of creatine everytime you eat red meat. I've never had a problem with it but I guess it depends on the person, I do know that Creatinine excretion is usually used as a measure of how well your kidneys work. Healthy kidneys have a lower Creatinine reading. I have been taking 5g of Creatine for years, had my Kidneys tested about 8 months ago everythings good.

I understand why you might avoid Sucralose I tend to also, but the controversy around Soy lecithin is rubbish especially if it's the type with significant amounts of Choline. There have been just as many studies showing between a 42%-56% decrease in LDL, stress and total cholesterol than the broscience that says its unhealthy. Everyones scared of relatively new chemicals (though Soy lecithin isn't new at all), it's scaremongering. I agree with you on Sucralose and carragean but Soy lecithin is one of those things anti-vax morons avoid because their holistic doctor told them it was bad or they read it in a ****ty online article.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryn0 View Post
                  1-2% of all Creatine turns into Creatinine, you are getting a pretty healthy dose of creatine everytime you eat red meat. I've never had a problem with it but I guess it depends on the person, I do know that Creatinine excretion is usually used as a measure of how well your kidneys work. Healthy kidneys have a lower Creatinine reading. I have been taking 5g of Creatine for years, had my Kidneys tested about 8 months ago everythings good.

I understand why you might avoid Sucralose I tend to also, but the controversy around Soy lecithin is rubbish especially if it's the type with significant amounts of Choline. There have been just as many studies showing between a 42%-56% decrease in LDL, stress and total cholesterol than the broscience that says its unhealthy. Everyones scared of relatively new chemicals (though Soy lecithin isn't new at all), it's scaremongering. I agree with you on Sucralose and carragean but Soy lecithin is one of those things anti-vax morons avoid because their holistic doctor told them it was bad or they read it in a ****ty online article.
                  The problem with science is many of these scientist are paid for by big pharma or supp companies you can check the studies it will usually say paid for by etc.

Ill say this though, not everyone will react the same way, our body naturally inflammes when in contact with something it thinks is harmful.

Intestinal issues are a number one sign of your body not reacting to something you ate, so you want to either puke it or dump it out.

Gut Bacteria can be affected by certain additives, avoid them at all cost, always go with your gut as they say if your body or gut doesnt like something obey it dont fight it out and think oh this stuff was okay by science test, these wet dumps or gas will go away and my body will adjust, it won't it will just get worst

take it or leave it brotha, im just trying to help peeps be healthy always choose the right products when it comes to whey go natural whey with reputable sources or dont go at all.

Comment

The problem with science is many of these scientist are paid for by big pharma or supp companies you can check the studies it will usually say paid for by etc.

Ill say this though, not everyone will react the same way, our body naturally inflammes when in contact with something it thinks is harmful.

Intestinal issues are a number one sign of your body not reacting to something you ate, so you want to either puke it or dump it out.

Gut Bacteria can be affected by certain additives, avoid them at all cost, always go with your gut as they say if your body or gut doesnt like something obey it dont fight it out and think oh this stuff was okay by science test, these wet dumps or gas will go away and my body will adjust, it won't it will just get worst

take it or leave it brotha, im just trying to help peeps be healthy always choose the right products when it comes to whey go natural whey with reputable sources or dont go at all.
                    I must have an iron stomach then, I think that 'organic' and 'natural' supplement companies are just as full of it as big pharma (organic especially since it's a BS term when organic foods and supplements are often exact the same nutritionally), though I don't really understand what big pharma have to do with Soy lecithin or additives, they're cheap to produce and source for food companies without pharmaceutical companies. Also, drugs prices are capped in the UK and healthcare is free so they definitely aren't benefiting here.

Just for your future reference the study on Soy Lecithin - "European Medicines Agency acknowledges that copies of the underlying works used to produce this monograph were provided for research only with exclusion of any commercial
                    purpose." It was double blind.

Comment

I used to feel the EXACT same way that you did about whey protein for years and considered it essential for making progress. However, all of this changed when I got diagnosed with Polycystic Kidney Dis and was told to cut it out of my diet entirely.

I hated having to go from 3-4 scoops of protein per day to 0. I thought it was gonna slow me down big time, but to my surprise I found myself making the exact same gains & progress I was making when I was taking it regularly.

That experience alone has me convinced that protein supplements are not really worth investing in unless you're a high performance athlete. They're mostly a bunch of hype and unnecessary. You can make the same progress without them
                      Last edited by HtotheZ; 11-20-2016, 04:25 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X