No announcement yet.

NFL ratings continue fall, latest Nielsen numbers show

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
    How many seasons has it been downtrending? There was an increase in viewership from 2011-2013. There was a sharp drop in 2014, and a small increase in 2015. Then, starting in 2016 and continuing this year, there have been declined. 2017 has been the only consecutive year of drop in the last 5
    No idea, as I don't have the information with me; if you have any links for your statement, the share would be appreciated.

Between the cord cutting, the continued move digitally, the likely loss of interest in bad teams (Chargers, Jaguars, Browns, etc have all had it rough), the movement of teams out of markets, the NFL's blackout policy, and other things (with the kneeling protest only beginning last year), there are a multitude of factors to explain the general trend of the ratings over time.

Because, using your own information, if 2015 wasn't basically a flat year, you would've had ratings fall in 2014, 2015, 2016, and 2017.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
      No idea, as I don't have the information with me; if you have any links for your statement, the share would be appreciated.

Between the cord cutting, the continued move digitally, the likely loss of interest in bad teams (Chargers, Jaguars, Browns, etc have all had it rough), the movement of teams out of markets, the NFL's blackout policy, and other things (with the kneeling protest only beginning last year), there are a multitude of factors to explain the general trend of the ratings over time.

Because, using your own information, if 2015 wasn't basically a flat year, you would've had ratings fall in 2014, 2015, 2016, and 2017.
      Yeah, if it hadn't been for pesky 2015 showing gains and a possibly recovery from a one year slide, we could paint a better picture that all these people complaining aren't actually changing the channel. Before Kaep took a knee, the NFL had been showing gains in 3 of the previous 4 years

Comment

Might get worse with the press the NBA is getting these days.

Comment

Yeah, if it hadn't been for pesky 2015 showing gains and a possibly recovery from a one year slide, we could paint a better picture that all these people complaining aren't actually changing the channel. Before Kaep took a knee, the NFL had been showing gains in 3 of the previous 4 years
          By your own admission it was a slight uptick, likely nowhere near the 2013 numbers if you'd ever be willing to share your source.

The NFL has been on a downtrend for basically 4 years at this point, and it's likely due to far more than just the Kaepernick protest. Hate to break it to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
            By your own admission it was a slight uptick, likely nowhere near the 2013 numbers if you'd ever be willing to share your source.

The NFL has been on a downtrend for basically 4 years at this point, and it's likely due to far more than just the Kaepernick protest. Hate to break it to you.
            Sure... people are complaining but nobody's changing the channel. Keep thinking that. And before Kaep took a knee, ratings increased 3 of the previous 4 years.

Comment

Sure... people are complaining but nobody's changing the channel. Keep thinking that. And before Kaep took a knee, ratings increased 3 of the previous 4 years.
              It's funny, isn't it.

The biggest issue in the NFL, by far, but some people try and argue it's a non-factor.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
                It's funny, isn't it.

The biggest issue in the NFL, by far, but some people try and argue it's a non-factor.
                What I think is even funnier is how they're trying to use the last two years of declining rating (more than likely from protest backlash) to support the idea that rating were declining.

I mean seriously, dude hit me with, "If you add in the 2 protest years and change the one year from plus to minus, you have 4 years of decline"

Comment

I mean seriously, dude hit me with, "If you add in the 2 protest years and change the one year from plus to minus, you have 4 years of decline"
                  It's Gruber math!

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
                    It's funny, isn't it.

Way bigger issues than a back up QB taking a knee the NFL has been unwatchable for a while now

NCAA players protested too but the rating are up explain that

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                      Way bigger issues than a back up QB taking a knee...
                      Ok then.

How many Kaepernick and kneeling stories have been done?

How many stories on those "bigger issues" have been done?

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                      NCAA players protested too but the rating are up explain that
                      Same questions as above.

Comment

Working...
                      X