No announcement yet.

"He has a chance." > Then Floyd beats em. > "He's was never any good."

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "He has a chance." > Then Floyd beats em. > "He's was never any good."

Floyd's style, combined with his ring intelligence, calm, speed, recoupable abilities when hurt, accuracy will make just about any good fighter look ordinary and any great fighter look limited.

What sucks for Floyd is that after he beats them, they are all of a sudden limited, old, never good, etc.

I won't deny that Floyd hasn't fought the most DANGEROUS opponents throughout his welterweight life. So some critique is warranted. But this just seems like the norm. I cannot see how Cotto or Margarito could have stood a chance vs Floyd. But they are fighters people wanted to see. I think he would have made both of them look limited, slow, plodding and ordinary.

I think Pacman would put up a great 3-4 round effort. But eventually Floyd as usual will catch on and clip Pacman all night to a decision and possibly a stoppage.

yep..even floyd said this on 24/7..he'll never get any credit from these haters...but thats why their haters..real boxing fans appreciate him..expecially now

Comment

Same thing happens with Manny. Annoying, huh?

Just give these fighters credit for what they do.

Comment

It has been the same for Manny.

DLH, Hatton and Cotto was going to destroy Manny. After he stopped them they were shot, weight drained, worthless etc.

People are idiots.

I think Mosley looked bad as well, but much of it was because Floyd made him look bad.

Comment

If anybody can beat Floyd its Mosley that's what I remeber people saying...........and not saying that no more

Comment

There is no way Floyd is going to dominate Mosley that's what I remeber people saying............they not saying that no more

Comment

Originally posted by TyrantT316 View Post
              Floyd's style, combined with his ring intelligence, calm, speed, recoupable abilities when hurt, accuracy will make just about any good fighter look ordinary and any great fighter look limited.

What sucks for Floyd is that after he beats them, they are all of a sudden limited, old, never good, etc.

I won't deny that Floyd hasn't fought the most DANGEROUS opponents throughout his welterweight life. So some critique is warranted. But this just seems like the norm. I cannot see how Cotto or Margarito could have stood a chance vs Floyd. But they are fighters people wanted to see. I think he would have made both of them look limited, slow, plodding and ordinary.

I think Pacman would put up a great 3-4 round effort. But eventually Floyd as usual will catch on and clip Pacman all night to a decision and possibly a stoppage.
              It will be the same against anyone.First 3 rounds will be split but after that expect Mayweather to win every round.As for Manny his best shot is to the chin which Mayweather will just shrug off using the shoulder roll.After that Mayweather will just counter.

People wonder why everyone ends up fighting Mayweather's fight,it's simple ,if you getting countered everytime you land a shot you reduce your pace and fight Mayweather's fight.Whichever way Mayweather will figure you out and pick you apart.

Mayweather's weakness is wasting the first 3 rounds because if he is to lose,he would get knocked out during that time by a lucky shot.He needs to watch his his opponents and get the counter set before he gets into the ring.Many fighters dont change their styles.

Comment

People think they will test Floyd because they dont think Floyd is very good. I knew SSM was old and not a great enough athlete at this stage of his career, and slow on his feet, but i still thought he would test floyd.
                Not because SSM is great, but becuase floyd isnt all that.
                Well done PBF, you did what many didnt think you could do.

Comment

are you kidding me? Nobody actually thought shane was going to win, including himself probably. It was a lucky KO within 3 rounds or nothing at all for shane.

edit: floyd did look quite good though.

Comment

Originally posted by Hottamale View Post
                    It has been the same for Manny.

DLH, Hatton and Cotto was going to destroy Manny. After he stopped them they were shot, weight drained, worthless etc.

People are idiots.

I think Mosley looked bad as well, but much of it was because Floyd made him look bad.
                    there is a difference, DLh was severely drained and previously beaten by floyd. hatton was beaten by floyd, cotto fought at a catchweight and was beaten badily by marg.

try again

Comment

Working...
                    X