No announcement yet.

History today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
    I haven't seen any solid confirmation but still believe it. Sad way for such a you man and one of the most exciting heavyweights to go out.
    http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...ticle14070345/

Comment

• Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
      I haven't seen any solid confirmation but still believe it. Sad way for such a you man and one of the most exciting heavyweights to go out.
      Real shame. Always enjoyed his fights, great action style and what a left hook...

Comment

• Less than 2 weeks until possibly the biggest fight since Mayweather-Oscar.

What's the thoughts of the History Section?

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          Less than 2 weeks until possibly the biggest fight since Mayweather-Oscar.

What's the thoughts of the History Section?
          To me the 152 lb catchweight is the clause that kills Canelo's already slim chances. He already appears to have stamina issues, so unless Floyd turns old suddenly, it should be a schooling for the 23 y/o. I hope I'm wrong because I think an upset would create a lot of positive buzz for boxing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
            To me the 152 lb catchweight is the clause that kills Canelo's already slim chances. He already appears to have stamina issues, so unless Floyd turns old suddenly, it should be a schooling for the 23 y/o. I hope I'm wrong because I think an upset would create a lot of positive buzz for boxing.
            Canelo's stamina is not as questionable as you think. He is certainly nothing special when it comes to stamina but his stamina is more than adequate. Whether it is adequate to defeat Mayweather is another matter.

Canelo seems to me to be as lively an opponent as Mayweather has faced for quite some time. The probability of Mayweather winning is probably as low as 0.75!

Comment

I don't think the weight will make a difference.

He's a young guy, he was 153 in his last fight, 152 shouldn't be a problem. Time will tell but I doubt it.

Comment

I don't think the weight will make a difference.

He's a young guy, he was 153 in his last fight, 152 shouldn't be a problem. Time will tell but I doubt it.
                I believe that the effects will be more psychological with the brutal desert heat and by far his biggest fight ever. When I saw a pic of Alvarez recently in the mid 160's he looked fighting fit already. Hopefully he's got the right people to help him take off that weight.

Comment

I believe that the effects will be more psychological with the brutal desert heat and by far his biggest fight ever. When I saw a pic of Alvarez recently in the mid 160's he looked fighting fit already. Hopefully he's got the right people to help him take off that weight.
                  Alvarez always looks in fight shape when he's at 166+ lbs.

That's his fight weight. That's what he rehydrates to.

He'll be the same fight night against Mayweather.

I think he'll be fine at 152. He's been lower than 152 in recent years. A lb less than his last fight shouldn't be too big an issue.

Comment

Alvarez always looks in fight shape when he's at 166+ lbs.

That's his fight weight. That's what he rehydrates to.

He'll be the same fight night against Mayweather.

I think he'll be fine at 152. He's been lower than 152 in recent years. A lb less than his last fight shouldn't be too big an issue.
                    Canelo weighed 153.5 last time, which means he basically just made weight. He hasn't been under 152 in 2.5 years. And at his age, that's a long time ago.

Floyd put that clause in for a reason. I really hope that Alvarez screws him and misses weight like what Mayweather did to Marquez..

Comment

Canelo weighed 153.5 last time, which means he basically just made weight. He hasn't been under 152 in 2.5 years. And at his age, that's a long time ago.

Floyd put that clause in for a reason. I really hope that Alvarez screws him and misses weight like what Mayweather did to Marquez..
                      How does that mean he just made weight? If he just made weight he wouldn't be under 154.

He might not have been under 152 but he's been at 152.

Floyd put in the clause because of the size disparity which is incredibly vast.

Comment

Working...
                      X